Author Topic: First lady says girls aren’t interested when President gets his ‘butt kicked’  (Read 474 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/30/first-lady-says-girls-arent-interested-when-president-gets-his-butt-kicked/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fcnn_politicalticker+%28Blog%3A+Political+Ticker%29

January 30th, 2014
01:21 PM ET
47 minutes ago
First lady says girls aren’t interested when President gets his ‘butt kicked’
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Kevin Liptak   

Washington (CNN) - The end of 2013 may have been rough going for President Barack Obama, but political strife over Obamacare’s botched rollout and NSA spying didn’t cross over into his family life, according to the first lady.

When Obama got his “butt kicked,” his daughters didn’t offer too much sympathy, Michelle Obama told Ryan Seacrest Thursday in a radio interview.

“Oh dad, tough luck,” was Sasha and Malia’s response, the first lady said. “By the way, where’s my allowance?”

Family dinners and time at home is largely kept politics-free, she explained. Talk instead centers on school, history, and what’s on the table – including the occasional “finish your vegetables” conversation.

“I’m surprised at how little they care about our days,” she said of her two teenage girls. “They want to talk about their lives and what they’re going through.”

The first lady – who turned 50 earlier this month and was feted at a star-studded White House bash – said the President told her in advance he’d give her a shout-out during Tuesday’s State of the Union address, when he lauded her work on combating childhood obesity and unemployment among veterans.

The initiatives, he told her, squared with his own push to find ways around Congress.

“One of the things that he told my team is that we have provided an example of all that you can get done without Congressional action,” she said.

The interview – taped in Los Angeles while the first lady raises campaign cash for Democrats – produced a few other tidbits, including Michelle Obama’s daily 90-minute workouts and her Valentine’s Day plans.

“This year, I’ve had this big birthday celebration-my husband really celebrated me so well-he did a great job. I had a great couple of weeks, so I think we’re going to low-key it for Valentine’s Day,” she said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

:nometalk: :nometalk: :nometalk:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Hardly sounds like the discussions of near certain divorce, separation so much in the news just a few days ago.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Sounds like a pretty normal family meal time.

Find out what the kids have been doing, listen to their days. Maybe give a little advice.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline raml

She is so crude how were they ever elected such a low class demeanor they all have. They haven't a true marriage he is not bisexual he is homosexual so all their marriage can be is another lie their whole life is a lie.

Offline mountaineer

Talk instead centers on school, history, and what’s on the table – including the occasional “finish your vegetables” conversation.

“I’m surprised at how little they care about our days,” she said of her two teenage girls. “They want to talk about their lives and what they’re going through.”
Maybe they perceive that Dad the Messiah isn't all that, that Mom - the food scold - is hypocritically shoveling French fries, BBQ ribs and booze into her own gaping maw while she lectures them about eating their turnips. Or maybe they're just typical kids, as self-centered as most children are, not aware that they're expected to care about every little aspect of the parents' lives.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org