Author Topic: MSNBC Accuses 'Rightwing' of Hating Biracial Family in Super Bowl Cheerios Ad  (Read 568 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/01/29/MSNBC-Celebrates-Biracial-Super-Bowl-Cheerios-Commercial-By-Accusing-Rightwing-of-Racism

by Jeffrey Poor 29 Jan 2014

On Wednesday night, the official MSNBC Twitter account posted a tweet celebrating General Mills’ decision to air a biracial commercial touting Cheerios during this Sunday’s Super Bowl. However, that tweet came at the expense of suggesting “the rightwing” was racist.

Maybe the rightwing will hate it, but everyone else will go awww: the adorable new #Cheerios ad w/ biracial family. http://on.msnbc.com/1dPgQEU

The commercial titled “Gracie” is part two of last year’s popular “Just Checking” commercial for Cheerios, with the father this time using Cheerios to explain to “Gracie” she will soon have a younger sibling.

That’s the latest jab at the right from MSNBC over biracial families. Last month, MSNBC host Melissa Harris Perry took a shot at former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney and his adopted biracial grandson, which forced her to later issue an apology.

Watch:

Update: MSNBC Deletes Tweet, Apologizes

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Being a marketing professor, this commercial was already on my radar.  Personally, I don't find it all that controversial, and I don't think most Americans will, either.  But I do admit I noticed the biracial aspect right away and replayed the commercial just to see if my eyes had not deceived me.  What I found surprising about it was that the advertiser chose to use this particular "hook" to get attention.

I am all for anything that encourages the melting pot, including biracial marriages.  The most robust people on earth are those who are the product of diverse genes, as opposed to those who are the product of genes from the same tribe.  That tells me God prefers biracial marriage as well.

It is the Democrats and liberals who are constantly trying to divide the country along racial lines.

Offline Rapunzel

It is the Democrats and liberals who are constantly trying to divide the country along racial lines.

Well said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776