Author Topic: What does a feminist disdain?  (Read 616 times)

rangerrebew

What does a feminist disdain?
« on: January 28, 2014, 12:20:23 pm »
What Does a Feminist Disdain?

January 27, 2014
By Sara Noble

Amy Glass, a feminist blogger, has managed to get mega-hits on a post by making the dumbest comments on the Internet under the caption,” I Look Down On Young Women With Husbands And Kids And I’m Not Sorry.”

She should be sorry since she insulted a good portion of the population who think motherhood takes talent and devotion. She seems to be unaware of the love that is involved.

Some of Glass’ comments:

I hear women talk about how “hard” it is to raise kids and manage a household all the time. I never hear men talk about this. It’s because women secretly like to talk about how hard managing a household is so they don’t have to explain their lack of real accomplishments.

Men don’t care to “manage a household.” They aren’t conditioned to think stupid things like that are “important.”

Do people really think that a stay at home mom is really on equal footing with a woman who works and takes care of herself?

You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.

I guess we know where she stands on abortion.

Glass writes under the Thought Catalog blog founded in 2010. We have to give her that – she has thoughts. The upside is we can probably count on her not propagating.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/what-does-a-feminist-look-down-on/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 12:21:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: What does a feminist disdain?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 07:58:39 pm »
You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.

Tell that to Margaret Thatcher.

Or, since she's obviously a leftist:

Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, Madonna, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Wendy Davis ....

So, you are saying the Left is wrong? That these women are falsely lauded for some reason?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink