Author Topic: Stockman walks out of State of the Union  (Read 833 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Stockman walks out of State of the Union
« on: January 29, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/196779-stockman-walks-out-of-state-of-the-union

January 28, 2014, 10:47 pm
Stockman walks out of State of the Union

By Pete Kasperowicz

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) said Tuesday night that he left President Obama's State of the Union speech early after "hearing how the president is further abusing his Constitutional powers."

"I could not bear to watch as he continued to cross the clearly-defined boundaries of the Constitutional separation of powers," Stockman said in a press release shortly after Obama's speech ended. "Needless to say, I am deeply disappointed in the tone and content of tonight's address."

Stockman said Obama was promising to "break his oath of office and begin enacting his own brand of law through executive decree."

"This is a wholesale violation of his oath of office and a disqualifying offense," the Texas congressman said.

Stockman also criticized Obama for refusing to admit "his policies have failed," and for advancing a plan for more taxes and spending that is a "blueprint for perpetual poverty."

The Tea Party-backed congressman had missed weeks of House votes and hadn't been campaigning in Texas for his race against Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas). After tweeting that people could "find out Monday" where he'd been, Stockman resurfaced this Monday to say he'd been on a House-sanctioned international trip and blasting reports saying he had been missing.

Other Republican members had similar reactions to Obama's promise to do by executive order what he can't get done legislatively in Congress.

"Unfortunately, what I heard from President Obama tonight was hostility toward our foundational principles, condescension toward a co-equal branch of government, and a general aversion to common sense and bipartisanship," Rep. Raúl Labrador (R-Idaho) said in a press release.

"The president's attempt to intimidate Congress by abusing executive power demonstrates a serious unwillingness to work with the coequal legislative branch of government," Rep. Gregg Harper (R-Miss.) said in a statement.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline katzenjammer

Re: Stockman walks out of State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 02:57:10 pm »
In my dreams he would not have been alone.....  If every one of the men and women in that building that are truly defenders of Liberty, Natural Law, our Constitution, and take seriously their sworn oaths and understanding of their roles as representatives of "We the People," he would have had at least 10 or 12 more people walk out with him....

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 03:28:24 pm »
In my dreams he would not have been alone.....  If every one of the men and women in that building that are truly defenders of Liberty, Natural Law, our Constitution, and take seriously their sworn oaths and understanding of their roles as representatives of "We the People," he would have had at least 10 or 12 more people walk out with him....

Yes, especially the way Obama kept throwing snide insults at Congress over his shoulder to Boehner behind him.  I felt a rising urge in my gut - "walk out on this lying POS!".

But they didn't, they didn't have the balls or the gumption - that would have gotten their names crossed off the cocktail party circuit.  It was beyond shameful. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 04:19:11 pm »
Yes, especially the way Obama kept throwing snide insults at Congress over his shoulder to Boehner behind him.  I felt a rising urge in my gut - "walk out on this lying POS!".

But they didn't, they didn't have the balls or the gumption - that would have gotten their names crossed off the cocktail party circuit.  It was beyond shameful.

Yeah.   Let's drive down the GOP's polls even further by pulling a stunt.

Stockman walked out because he's starved for attention and knows he is toast against Cornyn on March 4.   

Do not imitate crazy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 04:38:08 pm »
The American people are starving for some real leadership that calls it like it is and doesn't try to "go along to get along".  Who is it that is running these phony polls?  Who are these GOP "consultants" that keep telling them to "play nice"?  It's not working very well.

Why do Democrats keep giving the GOP advice on how to win elections?  The GOP is letting the fox guard the henhouse.  It is stupid beyond belief.  They need to stop worrying about these manufactured polls and grow a freaking spine!  Please, we need to stop letting the media tell us how to win elections - it's been a monumental failure so far.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2014, 06:02:32 pm »
The American people are starving for some real leadership that calls it like it is and doesn't try to "go along to get along".  Who is it that is running these phony polls?  Who are these GOP "consultants" that keep telling them to "play nice"?  It's not working very well.

Why do Democrats keep giving the GOP advice on how to win elections?  The GOP is letting the fox guard the henhouse.  It is stupid beyond belief.  They need to stop worrying about these manufactured polls and grow a freaking spine!  Please, we need to stop letting the media tell us how to win elections - it's been a monumental failure so far.
Seriously!!
 :thumbsup2:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 06:43:15 pm »
I find I increasingly dislike Stockman. The wife calls him Stuntman.

Disappearing, mysterious tweets, now walking out of the SOTU?

Not exactly promising.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 06:43:22 pm »
Let's drive down the GOP's polls even further by pulling a stunt.
:silly:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline collins

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 11:47:31 pm »
I really don't think this is such a big deal but it does seem like an attention-getting stunt by Stockman. It was Obama, and it was the SOTU - enough to expect all the lies.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 11:55:40 pm »
Now he is considering filing articles of impeachment.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/29/first-he-walks-out-of-the-presidents-major-speech-now-hes-thinking-about-filing-articles-of-impeachment/

Just hours after he stormed out of President Obama’s State of the Union address Tuesday, Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas) announced he’s considering filing articles of impeachment against the president....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2014, 12:17:20 am »
Now he is considering filing articles of impeachment.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/29/first-he-walks-out-of-the-presidents-major-speech-now-hes-thinking-about-filing-articles-of-impeachment/

He's "considering"?  Do or don't do, Stevie boy.  Nobody gives a rat's ass about your "considering."

Hopefully this will be the last we'll hear of Steve Stockman after he gets his butt beat on March 4.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.