Author Topic: Western intel agencies project Assad’s survival, re-establish contact  (Read 501 times)

SPQR

Syria has reported renewed links with Western intelligence agencies.Officials said NATO and other Western intelligence agencies have resumed contact with the regime of Syrian President Bashar Assad. They said the links were renewed over the last six months amid a Western assessment that Assad would survive the Sunni revolt.

“I am saying that many of these countries have contacted us to coordinate security measures,” Syrian Deputy Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad said.

In an interview with the British Broadcasting Corp. on Jan. 15, Mekdad refused to specify which Western intelligence agencies have been working with the regime.
http://www.worldtribune.com/2014/01/28/western-intel-agencies-project-assads-survival-re-establish-contact/

Oceander

Re: Western intel agencies project Assad’s survival, re-establish contact
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 04:32:46 am »
In an interview with the British Broadcasting Corp. on Jan. 15, Mekdad refused to specify which Western intelligence agencies have been working with the regime.

I'll bet the CIA was the first one to come knocking on the door with a bouquet of flowers in its hand.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Western intel agencies project Assad’s survival, re-establish contact
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 04:39:35 am »
I figured this would happen after Kerry flopping down another "red line" - that by any stretch of the imagination, never ever ever NEVER would Assad be allowed to stay in power.

:chairbang:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!