Author Topic: Can Mike Lee Save the Tea Party?  (Read 1456 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Can Mike Lee Save the Tea Party?
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:58:45 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Can Mike Lee Save the Tea Party?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:02:20 PM »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »
Politico will soon discover the TEA party to be alive and well and functioning on all cylinders!

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 02:54:07 PM »
Politico will soon discover the TEA party to be alive and well and functioning on all cylinders!

Keep the message strictly fiscal, win elections. Morph the message to unpopular social positions, lose elections.

The tea party is not and has never been about social positions - though they are not the loser you keep claiming they are.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 04:11:49 PM by Rapunzel »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online aligncare

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »
The federal government has no business favoring one social movement over any other. That's the problem with Obama and the establishment GOP.

The federal government has grown too big and should get back to constitutional government. Whether it's the "war on women" or the "war on the unborn" it has no place at the federal level.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Online truth_seeker

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
My post #3 above, was altered by Rapunzel in her capacity of a moderator. What I wrote has been deleted, and only one sentence left.

Why?

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2014, 02:05:02 AM »

The tea party is not and has never been about social positions - though they are not the loser you keep claiming they are.

The TEA Party was awesome before the Far Right and their extreme Social Conservatism co-opted the movement. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 02:08:08 AM by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2014, 02:07:46 AM »
My post #3 above, was altered by Rapunzel in her capacity of a moderator. What I wrote has been deleted, and only one sentence left.

Why?

Because she's no better than JimRob these days?  I'm in another thread asking where Obama ever literally said he wanted to be a dictator, as some far right Texan GOP member said tonight.  I'd LOVE to have that video as a Republican, but instead, all I get are videos where Obama says he'll bypass Congress.  Well, no duh.  We already know he's bypassing congress.  Smart people on the right know this, and don't agree with it at all.  What sells to LIVs are easy soundbites, and nobody can provide me where Obama says literally he wants to be a dictator. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline raml

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2014, 06:44:12 AM »
Actions speak much much louder than words and Obama's actions are of a dictator and that is a fact. I doubt any dictator gets up and announces he is one their actions make them one.

Offline WAYNE

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2014, 07:38:12 AM »
   Maybe , if he can unite the rest into one dynamic force.

Online aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2014, 08:05:22 AM »
Actions speak much much louder than words and Obama's actions are of a dictator and that is a fact. I doubt any dictator gets up and announces he is one their actions make them one.

Exactly. A modern dictator seizes power with the consent of the people and without posting it on Twitter. Much as our little dictator is doing.

Offline happyg

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:10 AM »
Here is Rand Paul's response. I didn't see it posted anywhere.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=0E6YMdgGUY4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=0E6YMdgGUY4</a>

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2014, 11:18:14 AM »

Why?

I have no idea....I will ask Rap

Support the USO

Online aligncare

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2014, 01:12:18 PM »
bump for Rand Paul

Online mountaineer

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2014, 01:21:02 PM »
Because she's no better than JimRob these days?  I'm in another thread asking where Obama ever literally said he wanted to be a dictator, as some far right Texan GOP member said tonight.  I'd LOVE to have that video as a Republican, but instead, all I get are videos where Obama says he'll bypass Congress.  Well, no duh.  We already know he's bypassing congress.  Smart people on the right know this, and don't agree with it at all.  What sells to LIVs are easy soundbites, and nobody can provide me where Obama says literally he wants to be a dictator.
That's because nobody claimed Obama said "literally he wants to be a dictator." They said he wants to be a dictator, not that he's admitted it.

But you know this - and whine anyway.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online truth_seeker

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 06:20:00 PM »
That's because nobody claimed Obama said "literally he wants to be a dictator." They said he wants to be a dictator, not that he's admitted it.

But you know this - and whine anyway.
What is your opinion about her deleting most of my post, as a Moderator, because she doesn't personally agree with me?

There was no profanity in my post, I attacked nobody in my post,  my post was not directed to her, but she nevertheless butted in, deleted my own words.

So what do you think?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 06:28:19 PM »
I think she accidentally clicked on edit instead of quote, but why ask me? I was addressing my comment to someone else.

Offline happyg

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:10 PM »
What is your opinion about her deleting most of my post, as a Moderator, because she doesn't personally agree with me?

There was no profanity in my post, I attacked nobody in my post,  my post was not directed to her, but she nevertheless butted in, deleted my own words.

So what do you think?

It was an accident. Rap didn't even realize she did it. No one is picking on you.

Online truth_seeker

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 06:45:08 PM »
I think she accidentally clicked on edit instead of quote, but why ask me? I was addressing my comment to someone else.
She might therefore speak for herself?

Online truth_seeker

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »
It was an accident. Rap didn't even realize she did it. No one is picking on you.
It is not about picking on me or anybody. It is about censorship of speech, by a moderator.

She could speak for herself, BTW.

Offline happyg

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2014, 07:01:03 PM »
It is not about picking on me or anybody. It is about censorship of speech, by a moderator.

Send her a PM. Of course she can speak for herself. She's not shy about that. However, YOU asked Mountaineer. Both of us told you what happened, but you continue with the topic, and that is taking away from the subject of the thread. Why don't you let it drop?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2014, 07:04:46 PM »
She might therefore speak for herself?
So why are you asking us to explain whatever she did or didn't do if you want her to speak for herself?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2014, 07:08:24 PM »

I've been gone all day. Get over yourself. I replied to your post and took out all but the part I replied to so you would know what I was replying to. What I didn't realize was I hit modify instead of quote since I was typing on my tiny little kindle and my fat fingers hit the wrong key.  No one moderated you and if you would have actually looked at the post you would see what I did was obvious to the most casual reader... if I wanted your posts moderated I would hit abuse like you do so liberally and let Myst contact you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2014, 07:15:48 PM »
WELL???

Can Mike Lee save the Tea Party?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2014, 07:18:47 PM »
WELL???

Can Mike Lee save the Tea Party?

He isn't running for anything, so I think speaking from the position of someone who is not running for a higher office I think he is a good spokesman. However, his speech last night he stated we should allow all Americans to aspire to the Middle Class........ I think we should allow all Americans to aspire to be as rich as Buffett or Gates if they have the ability to get there. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf