Author Topic: 18 People The Obamas Should Have Invited To The State Of The Union  (Read 548 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/28/obama-guests-state-of-the-union_n_4674380.html?view=print&comm_ref=false

18 People The Obamas Should Have Invited To The State Of The Union
Posted: 01/28/2014 12:08 pm EST  |  Updated: 01/28/2014 12:59 pm EST

President Barack Obama will deliver his sixth State of the Union address on Tuesday, in which he will talk for an extended period about the priorities he'd like Congress to act upon over the next year. The American public is largely in agreement that the president's speech won't actually mean a whole lot, but his words won't be the only things carrying a message in the House chamber this evening. The president, first lady Michelle Obama and congressional lawmakers all have invited guests, many of whom are intended to represent political initiatives important to the people who brought them.

On Monday, the White House announced the initial round of guests to be seated in Michelle Obama's box. The list includes Jason Collins, the first openly gay NBA player; two survivors of the Boston Marathon attack in April; Gary Bird, a fire chief who helped usher his town of Moore, Okla. through a devastating tornado and Joey Hudy, a 16-year-old entrepreneur and inventor of a world-famous marshmallow cannon. A second round was announced early Tuesday, and that list is expected to be finalized later.

While all of the guests invited by the Obamas undoubtedly both deserve their spots and also fulfill any political criteria that may have been attached to them by the White House, here are our picks of people who should have made the Obamas' guest list.

continued at link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: 18 People The Obamas Should Have Invited To The State Of The Union
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:14:59 pm »
We need our own list!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 06:25:23 pm »
I'd start with the families of those who lost their lives in Benghazi and Brian Terry's father.  And then I'd like to see OPapaDoc apologize to them all right there in front of congress and the American public.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:17:39 pm »
Cancer patients who have lost their Drs and health care plans.......
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 07:28:30 pm »
A marshmallow cannon? WTF?

I agree with the suggestion of the families of the Benghazi and border patrol dead.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:49:50 pm »
I'd start with the families of those who lost their lives in Benghazi and Brian Terry's father.  And then I'd like to see OPapaDoc apologize to them all right there in front of congress and the American public.

Well, one's attending.  I won't hold my breath for an apology though.

A GOP Congressman Is Bringing Father of SEAL Killed in Benghazi to Obama’s State of the Union Address

The father of a former Navy SEAL who was killed in the September 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, will attend Tuesday’s State of the Union address in the nation’s capital.

Charles Woods will attend the address at the invitation of Rep. Jim Bridenstine, a Republican from Oklahoma.

“As a combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, I understand the importance of knowing that America leaves no one behind. I am honored to host the father of a true hero,” Bridenstine said in a statement Monday.

The Oklahoma Congressman added that he invited Charles Woods as a way to reassure the mourning father that his son’s sacrifice “will never be forgotten” in the U.S. Houses of Representatives.

<snip>