Author Topic: Valerie Jarrett: Americans 'hungry' for Obama to act like an imperial president  (Read 682 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.examiner.com/article/valerie-jarrett-americans-hungry-for-obama-to-act-like-an-imperial-president

January 28, 2014
On Tuesday, White House Senior Adviser Valerie Jarrett told MSNBC's "Morning Joe" that Americans are "hungry" for Obama to take unilateral action, bypassing Congress wherever he can to get things done, CNS News reported.

"People around our country are hungry for action," she said. "And what you'll hear from the president tonight is going to be all about action -- creating opportunity -- and it's going to be a very optimistic speech."

According to Jarrett, Obama will "set forth very specific, concrete proposals that he things will move our country forward -- create opportunity for hard-working Americans who want to succeed."

Although Obama will prod Congress to act on his agenda, Jarrett said Obama "will make clear tonight that he will take action on his own," bypassing Congress when he sees fit.

"We're going to do what we can, within the president's own executive power, and working throughout the country with those who want to move our country forward," she added. "And it is a lot of potential there. And I think the optimism that the president has comes from the grit and determination of the American people, our businesses, many of who (sic) are bringing jobs back to America, so we have some momentum going, and we just need to call on everybody to work together, and that's what the president will do this evening."

Jarrett, who is seen by many as the real power behind Obama, said the president "has never paid a lot of attention to the poll numbers" when asked about a recent Washington Post/ABC News poll showing Americans are losing confidence in him.

One area where Obama will act unilaterally is the minimum wage.

The Associated Press said Tuesday that Obama will sign an executive order setting the minimum wage for workers under new federal contracts at $10.10 an hour.

Obama, the AP added, has been under pressure from liberal Democrats to take unilateral action on the minimum wage.

But Sen. John Hoeven, R-N.D., said Obama simply cannot dictate his agenda to Congress.

"[Obama's] got to understand that you don't come and dictate an agenda. You offer compromise...And you can't say, 'Oh, it's tough, so I'm going to go off by myself,'" he said.

But it seems that's exactly what the president intends to do.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline xfreeper

I think the are more hungry for a revolution

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I may be mistaken, but this is the first time I recall Valerie Jarrett taking a public stance on anything, much less giving an interview like this one.  Perhaps Obama really is scraping the bottom of the barrel and she is all they have left.....

:pondering:

Offline flowers

We are at the eve of a full on takeover of this country.  **nononono*

Offline Olivia

We are at the eve of a full on takeover of this country.  **nononono*

I feel the same way!  Can't depend on Congress to step in and help.  It might interfere with their careers and the making of being multi-millionaires in a few years.
The American people need to demand term limits!!   
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline Rapunzel

I feel the same way!  Can't depend on Congress to step in and help.  It might interfere with their careers and the making of being multi-millionaires in a few years.
The American people need to demand term limits!!   

Hey Boehner said it himself Friday on Leno - as long as he can golf, smoke cigarettes and drink wine he's a happy camper.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Hey Boehner said it himself Friday on Leno - as long as he can golf, smoke cigarettes and drink wine he's a happy camper.
He really said that huh?  8888madkitty

Offline Rapunzel

He really said that huh?  8888madkitty

Yes and he said the GOP was to blame for the shutdown - which is a fallacy - and that he has to be the gestapo as Speaker.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

Yes and he said the GOP was to blame for the shutdown - which is a fallacy - and that he has to be the gestapo as Speaker.
I almost watched it. I am glad I didn't.

Offline Rapunzel

I almost watched it. I am glad I didn't.

He sounded more like a Democrat than the GOP elected speaker.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Hey, Val.... they may not have taught you this in school in Iran, but we've a long, honored tradition of not liking imperialism--- even in kings.   Get used to it.  :smokin: