Author Topic: Palin Defends 'Hero' McCain from Ariz. GOP: 'He is My Friend'  (Read 488 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Palin Defends 'Hero' McCain from Ariz. GOP: 'He is My Friend'
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:09:02 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=549405

Newsmax
Palin Defends 'Hero' McCain from Ariz. GOP: 'He is My Friend'
Tuesday, January 28, 2014 08:46 AM

By: Melanie Batley

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin rushed to defend Sen. John McCain via Facebook after the Arizona GOP voted to censure him for not being conservative enough.

In a Facebook post Monday,  McCain's former vice presidential running mate described him as "a hero and a friend."

"I consider Senator John McCain an American hero and a friend. He fights to remind our president that the federal government's first priority must be strong defense of our homeland, and ... he fights against big-spending colleagues who don't prioritize for our military's needs," Palin wrote.

The post was meant to mark the anniversary of the signing of the 1973 Paris Peace Accords which released American POWs in Vietnam, among them, McCain.

"It goes without saying we don’t all agree on all political issues. For instance, I shall keep pushing to open ANWR, I oppose letting illegal aliens cut in line and receive American benefits via 'immigration reform,' and I oppose any Congressional action that allows President Obama to incur more U.S. debt," Palin wrote.

She added, "I am proud to have been asked to run with him in 2008, and he is my friend."

Palin ended on a light note by praising McCain's mother.

"One more thing, if you've met his beautiful mother you know where he gets his tenacity. Roberta McCain is one tough Mama Grizzly."

McCain on Monday responded to the censure vote saying, the reprimand "fires me up" to run for re-election in 2016 .
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34