Author Topic: McCain On Being Censured By Arizona GOP For Being Too Liberal: “If anything, it fires me up.”  (Read 778 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Sen. John McCain said a censure from Arizona’s Republican Party is “regrettable” but that it will not dissuade him from running for reelection in 2016.

The Republican senator and former presidential candidate said that the formal reprimand from the GOP over the weekend only serves as a motivator as he weighs whether to pursue a sixth term in the chamber. The state Republican Party passed a resolution over the weekend that derided his record as too liberal and “disastrous and harmful” to the country.

“We’ve got polling data that shows overwhelming support. I’ve won every election in Arizona by very large margins, quite often with the opposition of that element of the party,” McCain said of his state’s rightward flank, which he described as encompassing a “very small portion” of Arizona voters.

The resolution said that McCain has a “long and terrible record of drafting, co-sponsoring and voting for legislation best associated with liberal Democrats, such as amnesty, funding for Obamacare, the debt ceiling, liberal nominees, assaults on the Constitution and Second Amendment.”

McCain took particular exception to the resolution targeting him on Obamacare, which he called “bizarre.”

“I led the fight for 25 days on the floor of the Senate,” McCain said of his opposition to the health care law’s passage.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/01/john-mccain-gop-arizona-reprimand-response-102686.html
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
related article...

Palin comes to McCain's defense in Facebook post | The Daily Caller
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/27/palin-comes-to-mccains-defense-in-facebook-post/

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

I'll bet George Soros' money fires him up, too.

Offline Rapunzel

I'll bet George Soros' money fires him up, too.

You better believe it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

related article...

Palin comes to McCain's defense in Facebook post | The Daily Caller
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/27/palin-comes-to-mccains-defense-in-facebook-post/
You want to see fired up.....post that at Freerepublic!!!!!

Offline Rapunzel

You want to see fired up.....post that at Freerepublic!!!!!

I generally like Palin, but her support for McCain and Hatch has cooled me toward her ever attaining a higher office.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

I generally like Palin, but her support for McCain and Hatch has cooled me toward her ever attaining a higher office.
I agree.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Why does the scum always seem to live forever, but the good ones usually die young?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton