Author Topic: Obama to travel to four states after SOTU  (Read 645 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama to travel to four states after SOTU
« on: January 26, 2014, 02:09:04 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/196416-obama-to-travel-to-four-states-after-state-of-the-union

January 25, 2014, 12:00 pm
Obama to travel to four states after SOTU

By Justin Sink

President Obama will travel to four states in the week following the State of the Union to drum up support for proposals he will outline in his annual address, according to the White House.

“With some action on all our parts, we can help more jobseekers find work, and more working Americans find the economic security they deserve,” White House communications director Dan Pfeiffer said in an email to supporters Saturday.

“That's why, in the week following the speech, President Obama will travel to communities across the country — including Prince George’s County Maryland, Pittsburgh, Milwaukee, and Nashville, before returning to the White House to outline new efforts to help the long-term unemployed.”

The president traditionally undertakes a whistlestop tour following his address, seeking to build momentum for his policy agenda. Last year, he visited Asheville, N.C., Atlanta, and Chicago after the speech.

Obama will also participate in a national “Google+ Hangout” three days after his address Tuesday night to Congress, according to an item on the technology company’s blog billing the event as the first-ever virtual presidential road trip.

“He’ll hop into Google+ Hangouts with people from across the United States to answer their questions and hear their thoughts about the topics he addressed in his speech,” the blog post says.

Users can post 60-second video questions for Obama on YouTube or Google+ using the hashtag #AskObama2014.

While Pfeiffer revealed where the president would be traveling after the address, he offered few new clues to what the substance of his speech would be.

The White House spokesman said that Obama would organize the address around the themes of “opportunity, action, and optimism.”  He added that the president plans to “lay out a set of real, concrete, practical proposals to grow the economy, strengthen the middle class, and empower all who hope to join it.”

“The core idea is as American as they come: If you work hard and play by the rules, you should have the opportunity to succeed,” Pfeiffer writes. “Your ability to get ahead should be based on your hard work and ambition and who you want to be, not just the raw circumstance of who you are when you're born.”

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Obama to travel to four states after SOTU
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:15:31 pm »
Users can post 60-second video questions for Obama on YouTube or Google+ using the hashtag #AskObama2014.
Just keep in mind, they know who you are. That knock on your door may be the USSS.

"But all I asked was when will he take responsibility for Benghazi!!"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 06:00:27 pm »
Will he be travelling to Puerto Rico, the 57th state? :whistle:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:57:03 pm »
Does he ever actually sit at that rather nice desk and do any damned work?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Olivia

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 08:02:01 pm »

No!  He's addicted to the adulation he gets from these handpicked audiences when he travels from state to state. It makes him feel more like a king than just a president that sits at a desk with no one to admire him.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:16:49 pm »

He was in the oval office once long enough to see, and send back to Britain, a bust of Churchill.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34:41 pm »
Nah.....Valjar is to busy using it.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 10:47:33 pm »
Ugh. I hear he's coming to Pittsburgh to a place not too far from where my mother lives. Normally, I'd make a sign and protest ... but is there any point anymore? (And do I want to be added to some database)?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »
All this guy know how to do is campaign and give speeches.  He does not dare do much more than rattle his sabre about signing EOs to by pass Congress.  In fact there is very little he can do by himself without significant congressional approval and he knows it.  This whole thing about him having a pen to either sign EOs or write speeches is a bunch of BS, and it doesn't smell any better the more often I hear some dhimmie repeat it.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 12:15:50 am »
Remember the movie Lincoln that came out a couple of years ago?  How it was depicted what all Lincoln went through, how he moved heaven and earth to get the Thirteenth Amendment passed? 

Could anybody imagine, even for a minute, Barack Obama working that hard to actually  accomplish something?   Other than flapping his gums I mean?  :shrug:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 01:25:31 am »

Could anybody imagine, even for a minute, Barack Obama working that hard to actually  accomplish something?
   Other than flapping his gums I mean?  :shrug:

nope.. never worked a day in his life.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 01:14:53 pm »
Could anybody imagine, even for a minute, Barack Obama working that hard to actually  accomplish something?   Other than flapping his gums I mean?  :shrug:
He's been working hard on his golf game for five years and has almost nothing to show for it.