Author Topic: Hillary: I haven’t driven a car in 18 years  (Read 577 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Hillary: I haven’t driven a car in 18 years
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:29:26 am »
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/27/hillary-i-havent-driven-a-car-in-18-years/

Hillary: I haven’t driven a car in 18 years
posted at 2:41 pm on January 27, 2014 by Allahpundit

Less unusual than you think, depending upon where you’re from. My uncle, a lifelong New Yorker, has driven twice in his life, I believe. But Hillary’s not a lifelong New Yorker, and Hillary ain’t taking the bus in lieu of taking the wheel.

It’s odd that a would-be president would mention her nearly 20-year run of being chauffeured around wherever she goes, especially in scripted remarks, but maybe this is what happens when a national candidate starts to think of him- or herself as a sure thing. Why not hand the GOP an easy “supermarket scanner” moment to show she’s out of touch? What are they going to do with it? The scanner thing stuck against Bush 41 (unfairly, as it was based on bad reporting) because it fit the media narrative of an older country-club patrician president not understanding America’s problems the way a younger man from Arkansas who didn’t come from money could. Hillary’s narrative, though, will be First! Woman! President! The car thing will be a curio, easily spun, as Drew says, “as a story about how she has forgone the simple pleasures of life in service to her people.” And if for some reason it does stick, she’ll have Bill out on the trail reassuring the middle class that she’s the real populist in election 2016, no matter how many private-jet miles she’s logged in the past two decades. Maybe this is like Kobe spotting his opponent the “H” in a game of Horse. Just trying to make an easy challenge interesting.

Or maybe she’s just a terrible, terrible retail politician. Turns out she made this little confession today about her disinterest in driving at a convention of … auto dealers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF5VFaCti44
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

Re: Hillary: I haven’t driven a car in 18 years
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 03:34:43 am »
The follow-up question should have been "how much does a gallon of milk cost?"   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 01:30:18 pm »
Maybe she'd know how much a shot of Botox costs, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »
If this were a Republican, she'd be ridiculed by the media.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:53 pm »
She's probably too drunk to drive. 

:whistle:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 05:31:01 pm »
The scanner thing stuck against Bush 41 (unfairly, as it was based on bad reporting) because it fit the media narrative of an older country-club patrician president not understanding America’s problems the way a younger man from Arkansas who didn’t come from money could. Hillary’s narrative, though, will be First! Woman! President! The car thing will be a curio, easily spun, as Drew says, “as a story about how she has forgone the simple pleasures of life in service to her people.” And if for some reason it does stick, she’ll have Bill out on the trail reassuring the middle class that she’s the real populist in election 2016, no matter how many private-jet miles she’s logged in the past two decades. Maybe this is like Kobe spotting his opponent the “H” in a game of Horse.

ROMNEY HAS A HORSE AND A HOUSE ELEVATOR BUT HILLARY IS POOR EVERYDAY PEOPLE.

Hillary looked into grieving families eyes at a memorial by their loved ones caskets and said it was the bad man that made the videos fault!

ALL to cover the fact that AQ committed Benghazi because  Obama/Hillary ordered less security to not offend the muslims.

It is disgraceful and beyond shameless.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?