Author Topic: Father of Benghazi victim to attend State of the Union as GOP guest  (Read 385 times)

Offline happyg

Caroline May
The father of one of the Navy SEALs killed in Benghazi will be the guest of a Republican congressman at Tuesday’s State of the Union.

Calling the guest a “genuine victim of failed foreign policy,” Oklahoma Republican Rep. Jim Bridenstine will be hosting Charles Woods, the father of Navy SEAL Ty Woods who was killed during the September 11 attacks in Benghazi.

“As a combat veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan, I understand the importance of knowing that America leaves no one behind,” Bridenstine said announcing his guest. “I am honored to host the father of a true hero.”

His office added that Woods has continued to be victimized by the failure to create a House Select Committee to investigate what happened in Benghazi.

“One of the first bills I cosponsored in Congress was Rep. Frank Wolf’s H. Res. 36 to establish a select committee on Benghazi. The resolution has 180 cosponsors. No action has been taken on it,” he added in his announcement. “The House of Representatives must establish a select Committee to investigate the incident, the intelligence available, and the actions and inactions of those who should have been responsible for preventing the deaths of four Americans.”

Bridenstine’s name has been bandied about as a possible replacement for Oklahoma Republican Sen. Tom Coburn, who recently announced he would not be completing his term.

When asked if he will seek Coburn’s seat Wednesday, the Oklahoma Congressman said, “I’ve been honored to receive a lot of support. What I will say is that I’m not ruling it out; I am considering it,” according to local News Talk KRMG.

Also Monday, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton called Benghazi her greatest regret.

“You know, my biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi,” she said. “It was a terrible tragedy, losing four Americans, two diplomats and now it’s public, so I can say two CIA operatives. Losing an ambassador like Chris Stevens, who was one of our very best and had served in Libya and across the Middle East and spoke Arabic.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/27/father-of-benghazi-victim-to-attend-state-of-the-union-as-gop-guest/#ixzz2reXVyv6r

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Father of Benghazi victim to attend State of the Union as GOP guest
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 01:38:50 am »
good........ Mooch is having gay activists.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Father of Benghazi victim to attend State of the Union as GOP guest
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:39:38 am »
We'll see if the broadcast media identifies him.