Author Topic: Rand Paul: ‘50-50’ shot he’ll run for president  (Read 529 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rand Paul: ‘50-50’ shot he’ll run for president
« on: January 28, 2014, 01:51:51 am »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=7ADEE0ED-1D58-48C5-A14C-8E6969E39BE3

Rand Paul: ‘50-50’ shot he’ll run for president
By: Katie Glueck
January 27, 2014 06:31 PM EST

Sen. Rand Paul said in a recent interview with a fourth-grader that the odds are “probably 50-50” that he’ll run for president, but added that the job would mean dealing with “grief from the media” over everything from his clothes to his haircut.

“We are thinking about it, and sort of looking at what it would take to run. It’s a big job, but we probably won’t make our decision for about a year,” the libertarian-leaning tea party favorite said in the interview posted online Monday.

The student, identified as “Clay W.” of Potter Gray Elementary School, pressed the Kentucky Republican about his White House ambitions.

“It is a big job to do, to run for president,” Paul said. “It would take traveling around the country, it would mean I’d be home less time, get to see my kids [for] less time. And the people in the media, they get meaner and meaner when you run for president because they pick you apart and say your clothes don’t look good, your hair looks bad, you need a haircut.

“You get all that kind of grief from the media when you run for president.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: Rand Paul: ‘50-50’ shot he’ll run for president
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:43 am »
At least he knows what to expect.  I'd say he'll be well prepared if he decides to run. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 02:13:47 am »
At least he knows what to expect.  I'd say he'll be well prepared if he decides to run.

New York Times must think he is going to run, they ran a non-op-ed story yesterday that was a total hatchet job...  The first paragraph alone was over the top.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 02:22:40 am »
New York Times must think he is going to run, they ran a non-op-ed story yesterday that was a total hatchet job...  The first paragraph alone was over the top.

They're trying to destroy our candidates early.  I know Hillary is their next annointed one, but I've got to say that she's not looking good, she's just not that "clean and articulate" if you know what I mean.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 02:25:16 am »
They're trying to destroy our candidates early.  I know Hillary is their next annointed one, but I've got to say that she's not looking good, she's just not that "clean and articulate" if you know what I mean.

~LOL~
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 06:14:01 am »
Old Hag comes to mind :nometalk:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 06:55:24 am »
They do that to anyone with an R at the end of their name.  Rand Paul has some excellent qualities that make him a solid candidate.  Not the least being the fact that he has seen his father fail so many times he has learned how to avoid political disaster.  While his father flapped his gums when ever a neuron hit his cortex, Rand takes time to consider how the drive-by-media will twist his words.  He has a natural aptitude for politics. 

Politics can be learned, like playing guitar can be learned...but if your a guitarist with short stubby fingers and tone deaf it takes longer and you'll never be awesome.   Rand Paul has the looks, the charisma, the brains, and the disposition to be awesome.  In just a few years he has surpassed his father as a political force to be reckoned with.  He could inspire a new generation of the GOP.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:57:11 pm »
Rand Paul is not my first choice, but he is an acceptable choice and I hope he runs.  He offers a fresh face and new ideas to the GOP.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »
I think there was an article out somewhere saying Rand's wife said NO to him running?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:04:32 pm »
I remember years ago seeing Rand Paul speak at a podium, no teleprompter. He is a very brilliant man. Few give him credit for his astute intelligence and thoughtful words. But then again... the media thinks Obama is brilliant because he represents their sick radical ideals.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?