Author Topic: I Am Overwhelmed by 55 Million Babies Killed Since Roe v. Wade  (Read 1175 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

I Am Overwhelmed by 55 Million Babies Killed Since Roe v. Wade
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:46:00 am »
What can I say that hasn’t already been said about today?

Yesterday evening, I was sitting in my living room working while watching my sons play. I began to think about what my life would have been without them. How different I would be. How their lives have already made this world a different place since they were born. How much I would hurt if I had chosen abortion.

Then, I thought of the more than 55,000,000 lives that have been taken in the U.S. since 1973, and I became overwhelmed at the tragedy. Tragedy for the babies, their mothers, their fathers, families, and us.

Who is our nation missing? What price is our society paying for the ultimate deceit of abortion?

40 years ago today, seven men on the Supreme Court decided in favor of a case presented to them from a 27 year-old, unknown, post-abortive lawyer, Sarah Weddington. That case was Roe v. Wade and, along with its companion Doe v. Bolton, it legalized abortion in all 9 months of pregnancy, for any reason, in the United States.

Today, this 27 year-old is writing to you as a survivor of that decision. The undeniable fact is that nearly a third of my generation is missing. We are missing brothers, sisters, cousins, friends, husbands and wives.

You see, Miss Weddington’s generation got it wrong. In attempting to correct gender inequality in the workplace and in our society, they set into motion the ultimate act of discrimination – abortion. Instead of glorifying motherhood, they pitted the mother against her child, creating an endless cycle of selfishness, pain, and deceit.

But this generation is determined to set it right. We’ve seen the ultrasounds of our siblings, googled “abortion” and seen the bloody images, and sat with a friend as she cried about her abortion. This youth generation is the most pro-life generation of young people since 1973; we’re even more pro-life than even our parents’ generation. And this week our presence will be known as this generation will be the predominant participants in Wednesday’s March for Life in Washington, D.C. and pro-life rallies across the nation.

This week, we will be proudly carrying our “I am the Pro-Life Generation” signs, and Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry will watch their target audience slip away.

In fact, we already have. When Nancy Keenan, the former president of NARAL/Pro-Choice America, announced her resignation last year, she cited the lack of young pro-abortion leaders as the reason she wanted to step down. This month’s Time magazine headline story dealt with the same problem, claiming that the pro-abortion movement has been losing since 1973.

And last week’s new Planned Parenthood video and talking points on abortion confirm this fact. They don’t want to use the term “pro-choice” anymore because it’s too negatively associated with abortion. You see, they know when abortion is mentioned, their favorability falls. Their goal? Never bring it up.

So, what should be our goal? To bring up abortion in every conversation we can – in church, the grocery store, at school, and at the neighborhood party. To never forget about abortion, no matter how busy our lives may get or how sad or immobilized we become by this immense, overwhelming tragedy.

Friend, it’s time to rise up. Rise up off of your couch, out of your dorm room, or pew. Rise up and dedicate your life to something bigger than yourself

http://www.lifenews.com/2013/01/22/i-am-overwhelmed-by-55-million-babies-killed-since-roe-v-wade/

While Moloch smiles, the true God does not forget nor forgive.

This is positively Satanic and we will pay for it and pay dearly.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

Re: I Am Overwhelmed by 55 Million Babies Killed Since Roe v. Wade
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:57:56 am »
 :amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:39:52 pm »
I just shared this article on FB.

We need to keep the truth out there.

Even if our 'friends' don't like it, they need to know that a third of the millennial generation has been slaughtered, mostly for their mothers' convenience.

It matters.

Thanks for the post, Cincinnatus!  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:44:16 pm »
So, what should be our goal? To bring up abortion in every conversation we can – in church, the grocery store, at school, and at the neighborhood party.
Bad idea.

This only numbs people to the message and gets people frustrated at the messenger.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 05:44:47 pm »
Bad idea.

This only numbs people to the message and gets people frustrated at the messenger.

Perhaps bringing it up at 'every' gathering is a bad idea, but we have been cowed into being completely silent about abortion, and I think it's time to increase the information the pro-abortion forces would like the American people to ignore.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 05:55:17 pm »
I believe taking an anti-abortion position politically, provides all the ammunition the Democrats need in order to maintain the illusion that the Republicans are doing what the media portrays....continuing the "war on women".

The only place you're going to teach the sanctity of life successfully is in the schools and places of worship.

....and good luck with that.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 06:23:44 pm »
I believe taking an anti-abortion position politically, provides all the ammunition the Democrats need in order to maintain the illusion that the Republicans are doing what the media portrays....continuing the "war on women".

The only place you're going to teach the sanctity of life successfully is in the schools and places of worship.

While I strongly disagree with you regarding politics (abortion IS the war on women), I am referring to (as is the author) every day conversations with every day people.

We have been cowed into silence about abortion (and marriage, for that matter) by a lying leftist media.  The majority of Americans are opposed to killing babies before birth.  We can use that fact to remind people that 56 million innocent children have been killed since Roe v. Wade.

The more public sentiment is against abortion, the more information and education is spread around, the fewer people will die.

It is the dissemination of the facts that needs to happen more than it is now.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 08:11:58 pm »

The analysis done after the Virginia election says you're incorrect in your thinking.  Initially everyone assumed the reason Ken C caught up to McAuliffe at the end was O Care... when the experts analyzed the results they were astonished yo find it wad last minute ads about McAuliffe radical position on abortion which drove the last minute surge toward Ken C.  I posted the analysis with all the numbers to back it up in opinions when it came out.  In fact liberal a have vowed the GOP into thinking it's a loser to bring this up even though polls say mote people than ever are anti abortion... the biggest problem with all issues in the GOP is they are cowed by Democrats rather than speak truth to voters.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:46:47 pm »

The analysis done after the Virginia election says you're incorrect in your thinking.  Initially everyone assumed the reason Ken C caught up to McAuliffe at the end was O Care... when the experts analyzed the results they were astonished yo find it wad last minute ads about McAuliffe radical position on abortion which drove the last minute surge toward Ken C.  I posted the analysis with all the numbers to back it up in opinions when it came out.  In fact liberal a have vowed the GOP into thinking it's a loser to bring this up even though polls say mote people than ever are anti abortion... the biggest problem with all issues in the GOP is they are cowed by Democrats rather than speak truth to voters.

Oh gee......you mean then that you were totally incorrect about his loss being because the dastardly 'establishment republicans' wouldn't fund his campaign?

....just teasing, Rap.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:40:10 am »

Oh gee......you mean then that you were totally incorrect about his loss being because the dastardly 'establishment republicans' wouldn't fund his campaign?

....just teasing, Rap.

Nope, more money for ads would have made a difference IMO.