Author Topic: Hillary: Benghazi 'my biggest regret'  (Read 893 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary: Benghazi 'my biggest regret'
« on: January 27, 2014, 09:20:32 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/global-affairs/middle-east-north-africa/196494-hillary-benghazi-my-biggest-regret

January 27, 2014, 12:46 pm
Hillary: Benghazi 'my biggest regret'

By Julian Pecquet

Hillary Clinton called the Benghazi terror attack the “biggest regret” of her tenure as secretary of State on Monday, a message she's expected to emphasize, as she ponders a 2016 White House run.

“My biggest, you know, regret is what happened in Benghazi,” Clinton said when asked to identify “do-overs” of her time as America's top diplomat, during her keynote appearance before the National Automobile Dealers Association in New Orleans.

“It was a terrible tragedy, losing four Americans, two diplomats, and now it's public, so I can say two CIA operatives. Losing an ambassador like Chris Stevens, who was one of our very best and had served in Libya and across the Middle East and spoke Arabic,” she said

“I mean, you know, you make these choices based on imperfect information,” she said. “And you make them to, as we say, the best of your ability. But that doesn't mean that there's not going to be unforeseen consequences, unpredictable twists and turns.”

This isn't the first time Clinton makes such comments. She mentioned Benghazi during a global town hall with young diplomats conducted via satellite last year, suggesting her reaction to the attack would feature prominently in her upcoming memoirs.

“Certainly the loss of American lives in Benghazi was something that I deeply regret and am working hard to make sure we do everything we can to prevent,” she said during last year's event at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.

Republicans have hammered Clinton over the death of Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans in a Sept. 11, 2012, terrorist attack.

They've used the episode to chip away at her record on national security. An internal review of the attack faulted the State Department for failing to provide better security at the U.S. diplomatic mission, but Republicans say Clinton has unfairly escaped blame.

Clinton slammed her critics at a Senate hearing last year — she famously demanded to know, “What difference does it make?” what prompted the attack — but has since adopted a different tone.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Hillary: Benghazi 'my biggest regret'
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:34 pm »
Couldn't prove it by her congressional testimony........  Hillary you can never take back "What Difference, now, does it make."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:18:48 am »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 12:26:04 am »
Couldn't prove it by her congressional testimony........  Hillary you can never take back "What Difference, now, does it make."

The only thing Hillary regrets is that their cover story didn't work and she got caught! Nothing else!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 12:42:06 am »
The only thing Hillary regrets is that their cover story didn't work and she got caught! Nothing else!

The full quote is even more damning, in what it doesn't say.

“With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest, or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided they’d go kill some Americans? What difference, at this point, does it make?”

How come she didn't mention a coordinated terrorist attack, which is what she and the President were told the night it happened?  She should never, ever, live this down, and I hope it weighs on her conscience every single day.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 12:43:56 am »
I mean, you know, you make these choices based on imperfect information,” she said. “And you make them to, as we say, the best of your ability. But that doesn't mean that there's not going to be unforeseen consequences, unpredictable twists and turns.”

The beyotch got the right information. She has no ability to do the right thing. There were no twists and turns until after it was all over. She is an out and out liar.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 12:45:37 am »
The beyotch got the right information. She has no ability to do the right thing. There were no twists and turns until after it was all over. She is an out and out liar.

And always has been!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ladybug

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 12:54:01 am »
Hillary is the only one WORSE than Obama....