Author Topic: Chuck Schumer to unveil Avonte's Law, to put tracking devices on autistic kids  (Read 203 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/avonte-law-put-tracking-devices-autistic-kids-article-1.1591701

The senator wants to expand an existing voluntary program for people suffering with Alzheimer's to include autistic children.

Schumer first raised the idea in November when the autistic teen from Queens was still missing.

The tracking devices could be attached to wristwatches, affixed to ankle bracelets, clipped on belts, or woven into shoelaces.

"The program would be completely voluntary for parents and run by local law enforcement," a release from Schumer's office said.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 12:54:07 PM by flowers »

Online mountaineer

Under the Third Reich Obamacare, aren't these lives not worth living anyway?
/sarcasm
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf