Author Topic: Grammys to Stage Mass Wedding of Straight, Gay Couples During Tonight's Telecast  (Read 1081 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/01/26/grammy-mass-gay-wedding-same-love

by Breitbart News 26 Jan 2014, 10:50 AM PDT

Tonight's Grammy Awards telecast will feature a mass wedding segment featuring both straight and gay couples.

Thirty four couples--"gay, straight, old, young, of many races and many colors" will get married during an event officiated by rapper/actress Queen Latifah. Madonna and vocalist Mary Lambert will also take part in the musical aspect of the segment.

The ceremony will be part of the hip-hop duo Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’s performance of their Grammy-nominated song “Same Love,” which became a marriage-equality anthem last year just as that issue was drawing intense national attention....

Mr. Lewis, the group’s producer, said that the weddings “will be in our minds the ultimate statement of equality, that all the couples are entitled to the same exact thing.”

Longtime Grammys producer Ken Ehrlich, who is gay, insists the telecast won't be making "a broad statement that [the marriage ceremony] represents the views of the academy or the CBS television network.”

The 56th annual Grammy Awards, hosted by LL Cool J, will be shown at 8 p.m. EST tonight on CBS.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Pity.

I have been reliably informed that both my hairs need washing at that time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Wasn't going to watch, still will not watch.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline mountaineer

get married during an event officiated by rapper/actress Queen Latifah
This is just performance art, I'd guess. How many actually have marriage licenses?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

So much for me watching the program
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
So much for me watching the program

Our 9-Ball tournament is this evening....and it will be on in the background.

At least that's what the notice said.  LOL!

...won't be watching.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
These guys are amateurs. They are just being childish.

If they had any balls they would be giving each other oral and anal sex on stage while spitting on a crucifix. Now that would be "Progressive", and would better represent who these people and the Democrat party really are.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Downton Abbey is on so no way I would watch this garbage..then I'll watch the season finale of Alaska the Last Frontier.....
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:07:11 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
I'd rather watch paint dry than the Grammys.

I haven't watched an awards show since Schindler's List was up for best picture at the Oscars.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

Ive been watching, so far so good, they just had Chicago on - they are being inducted into the Rock hall of fame.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

So far the show has been more Dejavu than anything else.  Paul McCartney won a Grammy and not Ringo Star is performing an old Beattle song with his new band.  So we had Chicago, McCartney, Ringo.........  wow..... and no political speeches (so far)

Oceander

big deal.  wrestling, the grammys, the zoo, whatever, pick your favorite form of entertainment.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
big deal.  wrestling, the grammys, the zoo, whatever, pick your favorite form of entertainment.

I'm trimming my toenails until Downton Abbey comes on......

Offline mountaineer

‘Jay Z a poor excuse for a husband’
By Naomi Schaefer Riley
January 28, 2014 | 10:11pm
NY Post
What do you call a man who stands there smiling and singing as his scantily clad wife straddles a chair and shakes her rear end for other men’s titillation?

I’m certain if I look through enough Jay Z song titles, I’ll come up with the right name for his role in Beyoncé’s performance at the Grammy Awards Sunday night. Rhymes with Goodyear. . . ? Well, how about I just call him a poor excuse for a husband.

For years, these award ceremonies have pushed the envelope; Beyoncé’s booty-shaking was certainly no worse than Miley Cyrus’s twerking or any number of other performances by Madonna, for instance. But there’s something particularly icky about doing it while your husband looks on approvingly.

“Honestly, I didn’t want to watch Jay Z and Beyoncé’s foreplay,” says Charlotte Hays, author of “When Did White Trash Become the New Normal?” Indeed, the happy couple seems to have completely blurred the line between what goes on in their bedroom and what happens on national TV. So much for the woman that Michelle Obama has called “a role model who kids everywhere can look up to.”

Hays says, “It wasn’t surprising to see Jay Z, looking pleased at his wife’s hyper-sexualized exhibition on stage.” After all, “he’s made a living singing lyrics that call women ‘bitches’ and ‘hos,’ so we shouldn’t be surprised that he objectified his own wife on stage.”

It is a little bit surprising, though, coming so soon after Beyoncé contributed to the recent feminist manifesto, the Shriver Report. When she complains that “gender equality is a myth,” one wonders to what extent her consent to sell sexuality has contributed to the problem.

The sophisticates will say that what we saw Sunday were just the long-established stage personas of Beyoncé and Jay Z; why should their marriage change that?

Well, for one thing, the happy couple have invited audiences to admire their adorable family, with dad even joking about his daughter’s sippy cups when he accepted an award on Sunday. So they’re suggesting to audiences that this kind of public sexual behavior is compatible with a loving modern marriage.

Which brings us to that odd mass wedding, sort of a Hollywood version of those creepy Moonie affairs, as Queen Latifah officiated at the joining in matrimony of 33 couples as part of the awards ceremony.

Asked about it, she said, “The weight of it comes down, because it wouldn’t matter if you’re same-sex couples or heterosexual couples or interracial couples, it doesn’t matter to me, this is someone’s life committed to one another, and you want to make sure you do it right.” Does that kind of commitment entail watching approvingly as your partner shows off her bootyliciousness?

Feminists will argue that Beyoncé had a career before she got married; why should marriage change how she performs? It’s a good question. How does being married change a relationship? Or, in Beyoncé’s terms, if he likes it, why should he put a ring on it?

It’s a question that François Hollande asked and answered easily: There’s not much reason for men to put a ring on it at all, as far as the French president is concerned.

Hollande just decided to trade in one girlfriend for a younger version. His now-ex was mad enough, according to some reports to destroy $3 million worth of property in the Élysée Palace, but you might reasonably ask what she expected. A ring is no guarantee (as the first wife of Hollande’s predecessor, Nicolas Sarkozy, learned), but it’s at least a suggestion that there is a permanent future for a relationship.

Still, this may simply be the state of relations between the sexes. Mark Regnerus, a sociologist at the University of Texas at Austin, says that women today have struck a kind of “grand bargain.”

He says, “Women get contraception and the ability to limit and space their children, and the chance to fashion careers — things that sound good and are often experienced as such — and in return men get to decide just how invested in a relationship they actually have to be.”

The problem, he notes, is that “men prefer cheaper sex” — that is, they prefer not to be more invested than they have to be.

Of course, those who do make the investment typically prefer not to share the proceeds with a prime-time TV audience.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org