Author Topic: White House warns Obama could go around Congress  (Read 549 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
White House warns Obama could go around Congress
« on: January 26, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »
By PHILIP ELLIOTT
1 hour ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama will work with Congress where he can and circumvent lawmakers where he must, his top advisers warned Sunday in previewing Tuesday's State of the Union speech.

Obama faces a politically divided Congress on Tuesday and will use his annual address to demand expanded economic opportunity. Absent legislative action, the White House is telling lawmakers that the president is ready to take unilateral action to close the gap between rich and poor Americans.

"I think the way we have to think about this year is we have a divided government," said Dan Pfeiffer, a longtime Obama adviser. "The Republican Congress is not going to rubber-stamp the president's agenda. The president is not going to sign the Republican Congress' agenda."

http://news.yahoo.com/white-house-warns-obama-could-around-congress-160254673--politics.html

I saw another article myst posted that was like this one. They keep repeating this redistribute the wealth and Obama has a pen theme over and over.

I saw on a news show that even the moderate democrats are questioning this theme.

Does Obama really think blaming the GOP for the economy and playing everyone adores him he is King, will work?

Seriously?

Do the people that advise Obama have the same delusions?

Obama can't pull the rich fat cat it is not fair theme as he just golfed with rich fat cats and IS A rich fat cat.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:00:41 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: White House warns Obama could go around Congress
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:18:51 pm »
No one will watch his SOTU with any respect but maybe Valerie Jarret and his cabinet.

Dems will all jump up and clap for him and pubs will not so much.

Sheila Jackson-Lee will be in the aisle with her fake fingernails and hairbraids being an aisle whore.  :silly:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 06:51:03 am »
I saw another article myst posted that was like this one. They keep repeating this redistribute the wealth and Obama has a pen theme over and over.

I saw on a news show that even the moderate democrats are questioning this theme.

Does Obama really think blaming the GOP for the economy and playing everyone adores him he is King, will work?

Seriously?

Do the people that advise Obama have the same delusions?

Obama can't pull the rich fat cat it is not fair theme as he just golfed with rich fat cats and IS A rich fat cat.

What else do they have?  They can't run on how fantastic the economy is.  They can't run on how affordable healthcare is.  They can't run on stopping government snooping.  All they have left is "it wasn't me."

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:23 pm »
It isn't a warning it is a promise. One he will get away with since nobody is stopping him from what he is getting away with doing now.