Author Topic: Transcript: Bob Schieffer's interview with Texas Senator Ted Cruz  (Read 380 times)

Offline happyg

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Transcript: Bob Schieffer's interview with Texas Senator Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
Wow........ compare this to the crap Boehner was spewing on Leno the other night........ apples and oranges........ Cruz is so good at making his point.

I said we shouldn't shut down the government.  I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall.

The reason they did so is that President Obama dug in and said he wouldn't compromise and he wouldn't negotiate.  In fact, I went to one of the most surreal meetings I've ever been at, where President Obama invited all the senate Republicans to go up to the White House.  He sat us in a room.  This is in the middle of the shutdown.

And he said, "I invited you here to tell you I will not negotiate.  I will not compromise on anything."  That's why we had a shutdown.  That was a mistake.  But, you know, in terms of whether we should've stood and fought on Obamacare, I think the proof is in the pudding.  Millions of people across the country have seen now why we were standing and fighting, because Obamacare's a disaster.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 04:28:10 PM »
Wow........ compare this to the crap Boehner was spewing on Leno the other night........ apples and oranges........ Cruz ?

How many times did we say that, and still, he was blamed for the shutdown. People see what they want to be, and the republicans do as much confirmation bias as do liberals.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »
Wow........ compare this to the crap Boehner was spewing on Leno the other night........ apples and oranges........ Cruz ?

How many times did we say that, and still, he was blamed for the shutdown. People see what they want to be, and the republicans do as much confirmation bias as do liberals.

Yes, they do, happy.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 04:29:57 PM »
Wow........ compare this to the crap Boehner was spewing on Leno the other night........ apples and oranges........ Cruz is so good at making his point.

Somebody PLEASE by Boehner a clue! Pretty please with sugar on top!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 04:31:19 PM »
Somebody PLEASE by Boehner a clue! Pretty please with sugar on top!

His cheering squad will be by soon to trash Cruz... 

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 04:32:21 PM »
I said we shouldn't shut down the government.  I think it was a mistake that President Obama and the Democrats shut the government down this fall.

The reason they did so is that President Obama dug in and said he wouldn't compromise and he wouldn't negotiate.  In fact, I went to one of the most surreal meetings I've ever been at, where President Obama invited all the senate Republicans to go up to the White House.  He sat us in a room.  This is in the middle of the shutdown.

And he said, "I invited you here to tell you I will not negotiate.  I will not compromise on anything."  That's why we had a shutdown.  That was a mistake.  But, you know, in terms of whether we should've stood and fought on Obamacare, I think the proof is in the pudding.  Millions of people across the country have seen now why we were standing and fighting, because Obamacare's a disaster.

And this is EXACTLY what every republican on the planet should be saying because it is the TRUTH!

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 04:44:51 PM »
 :hands:
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 05:13:21 PM »
And this is EXACTLY what every republican on the planet should be saying because it is the TRUTH!

Absolutely... but compare this to all the things Boehner said to Leno... night and day and yet it is Cruz the faux conservatives love to trash talk.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 05:16:51 PM »
I can't wait to see Cruz at the debates.

Why did bonehead Boehner own shutting down the government?

Boehner and McCain can go retire in hell. Is McConnell or Cantor like this as well?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 05:19:40 PM »
I can't wait to see Cruz at the debates.

Why did bonehead Boehner own shutting down the government?

Boehner and McCain can go retire in hell. Is McConnell or Cantor like this as well?

Yep... how do you think McConnell went from college to congress and became worth 90 million dollars?  Not by caring what the people in Kentucky care about except every six years, but these days he is as bad as Boehner and not even hiding his disdain for his constituents.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf