Author Topic: Carney: Obama administration not so secretive  (Read 542 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Carney: Obama administration not so secretive
« on: January 26, 2014, 04:26:58 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=ar

Carney: Obama administration not so secretive
By TAL KOPAN |
1/26/14 10:38 AM EST

White House press secretary Jay Carney pushed back Sunday on the charge that the Obama administration is the most secretive in recent history, saying it's the job of reporters to push for more information.

Carney was asked on ABC's "This Week" by host Jonathan Karl, who has had his own famous exchanges with Carney at White House press briefings, about New York Times Executive Editor Jill Abramson's charge that the current White House is the most secretive she's ever dealt with.

“You and all of your colleagues, and my former colleagues in the press, absolutely have to be beating on us and others around Washington to get as much information as you can," Carney said. "I strongly disagree with that statement. I know from experience that it's wrong. And, you know, we provide an extraordinary amount of information and access to reporters. And we work every day to provide more.”

Carney did acknowledge that in his former role as a reporter, he may have a different perspective.

“Well, Jay Carney, reporter, would never be satisfied with, the amount of information that any White House or any congressional office," Carney said, before Karl interrupted to posit that reporter Carney would be fighting with press secretary Carney today.

The interview was Carney's first appearance on a Sunday show as press secretary, a position he's held since 2011.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Relic

Re: Carney: Obama administration not so secretive
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 04:45:12 pm »
Carney has a point. The WH press corps have voluntarily transformed themselves into the WH transcription pool.

Then they have the guts to whine that the WH is secretive?

:silly:

rangerrebew

Re: Carney: Obama administration not so secretive
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:58:04 pm »
I think it depends on your definition of "so."  I say that only because there was no "is" in the sentence. :silly: