Author Topic: U.S braces itself for coldest month of the century with yet another Arctic blast as fears grow for Super Bowl Sunday  (Read 688 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545153/U-S-braces-coldest-month-century.html

U.S braces itself for coldest month of the century with yet another Arctic blast as fears grow for Super Bowl Sunday

Meteorologists are forecasting yet another snow storm for the East Coast, which will arrive on Monday
    First Super Bowl to be held in open-air stadium set to be hit by freezing cold
    Teams on high alert game in New Jersey on February 2 could be postponed
    The Midwest will be hit with a blast as well between Friday and Saturday, which may cause dangerous roads and flight cancellations
    Yet another storm is expected to follow the storm scheduled for Monday and is set to hit just one or two days before the Super Bowl on February 2
    The championship game will be held in East Rutherford, New Jersey where workers shoveled snow all day after Tuesday's unexpected whiteout

By Louise Boyle and Ashley Collman

PUBLISHED: 04:12 EST, 24 January 2014 | UPDATED: 04:43 EST, 25 January 2014

America is set for the coldest month of the century as weather forecasters predict yet another freezing blast of Arctic air - putting Super Bowl Sunday in jeopardy.

Teams have been warned to stay on high alert for changes to the scheduling of the first Super Bowl to be played in an open-air stadium.

Temperatures have already hit record lows, at times making parts of the U.S. colder than the North Pole, and are expected to plunge in the coming days.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

I have had to clean my driveway and walks every day but one the past two weeks, in cold, sub zero, windy weather. We are under a weather advisory until Monday, and have been all week. The kids probably have had only 2 full days of school since Christmas shutdown.  We got another 3" of snow last night, and are expecting more. Since it is Sunday, the walks can wait, unless someone else offers to do them.  ^-^

Offline Relic

The colder we get, the more shrill and dire the warnings from the global warming crowd.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
The colder we get, the more shrill and dire the warnings from the global warming crowd.

Yep, I noticed that the global warming stories are coming faster than usual lately.  In the last 24 hours, Texas A&M has posted numerous articles (and related tweets) along with linking to articles in other publications such as the Washington Compost, that man made global warming is real and anyone who disagrees is a fool.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline musiclady

I have had to clean my driveway and walks every day but one the past two weeks, in cold, sub zero, windy weather. We are under a weather advisory until Monday, and have been all week. The kids probably have had only 2 full days of school since Christmas shutdown.  We got another 3" of snow last night, and are expecting more. Since it is Sunday, the walks can wait, unless someone else offers to do them.  ^-^

The poor kids are going to be going to school half way through the summer if this stuff keeps up.

They won't send them to school if the actual temperature is -17 (which it's supposed to be by Monday night-Tuesday morning).

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Yep, I noticed that the global warming stories are coming faster than usual lately.  In the last 24 hours, Texas A&M has posted numerous articles (and related tweets) along with linking to articles in other publications such as the Washington Compost, that man made global warming is real and anyone who disagrees is a fool.

They would be better off if they'd back off for a while instead of making complete idiots of themselves by screaming "global warming!" during a winter like this one.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
They would be better off if they'd back off for a while instead of making complete idiots of themselves by screaming "global warming!" during a winter like this one.

The standard reply has become, "weather and climate are two different things."

In other words, the cold weather is caused by man made global warming.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The weather or 'climate' has been changing since the beginning of time.
THANK GOD for climate change!

If the climate didn't change we would all be living on a block of ice frozen Earth or a vulcanic firestorm. Climate change is a good thing, and it is the only reason we are alive.

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline happyg

I just read in the local paper that we got more snow in January (so far) than during the blizzard of 78, except that the blizzard was a blizzard and we got it all in one day.

I'm getting ready to go clean the darn driveway. I hate going out in the stuff.