Author Topic: McConnell: I intend to win my primary  (Read 464 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: I intend to win my primary
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:07:44 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2014/01/mcconnell-i-intend-to-win-my-primary-181903.html

McConnell: I intend to win my primary

By TAL KOPAN |
1/26/14 10:04 AM EST

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell brushed off a primary challenger he is facing in his reelection campaign in Kentucky, saying that Republican voters won't believe his opponent's message.

“I don't own the nomination of my party or the seat that the people of Kentucky have given me, and I fully intend to win my primary," McConnell said on "Fox News Sunday" of challenger Matt Bevin. "He's making the argument that I'm somehow an Obama enabler. I'm sure the White House is snickering at that and Republican voters in Kentucky don't believe that for a minute."

McConnell brushed off attacks that he has sided with the White House too many times in Congress.

"I was one of five U.S. senators last year that got a perfect rating from the American Conservative Union," the Kentucky Republican said. "The argument that I'm some kind of liberal is absurd and that will be rejected by the Republican primary voters in Kentucky on May 20."

McConnell also was optimistic about the GOP's chances to take back control of the Senate in November.

“We have very good candidates who can win elections," McConnell said. "The atmosphere for us is so good this fall that we're also stretching the playing field. ... So I think it could be a very good year. Historically, the sixth year of a two-term presidency is not very good to the party of the president."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34