Author Topic: John Boehner: sometimes I have to be the Gestapo  (Read 955 times)

rangerrebew

John Boehner: sometimes I have to be the Gestapo
« on: January 24, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

Politics

John Boehner: Sometimes I Have to Be the ‘Gestapo’

Jan. 24, 2014 9:21am    Madeleine Morgenstern

“People think, all right, you’re the speaker, you’re the leader,” Boehner said on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno” Thursday. “They don’t realize I’ve got a lot of other roles that I play. You know, some members, I have to be the big brother figure. Some I have to be the father figure. Others I have to be the dean of students or the principal. Some of them I have to be the Gestapo.”

The Ohio Republican discussed his upbringing as one of 12 kids and how working in his father’s bar — and learning to deal with “every jackass that walks in the door” — has served him well.

“I tell people all the skills I need to do my job, I learned growing up. I grew up in a big family — have to learn to get along with each other, get things done together … you grow up around a bar — I mopped floors, did dishes, waited tables, tended bar. And you have to learn to deal with every jackass that walks in the door,” Boehner said, before emphasizing: “Now trust me, I need all the skills I learned growing up to do my job.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/24/john-boehner-sometimes-i-have-to-be-the-gestapo/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:12:26 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: John Boehner: sometimes I have to be the Gestapo
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 07:12:20 pm »
Not exactly the best analogy he could have picked.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 07:28:26 pm »
He is the Gestapo alright. And all the things he is Gestapping is to protect Obama and Hillary.
He is fighting for the wrong side. But in his defense, it is possible this guy is too utterly stupid and naive to even know it.

Some Democrat big-wig invites him out to dinner at some $1000 a plate restaurant, (all paid for by us, doncha know) wipes his tears aways, and tells him, "It's Ok Johnny. I know it is hard to be speaker...  But don't worry...we'll get rid of those nasty old Tea baggers together.... And even if we don't, we will still be rich." and the deal is done.

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 07:29:30 pm »

Gestapo:  a secret-police organization employing underhanded and terrorist methods against persons suspected of disloyalty.

So who is Boehner working for?  Disloyalty to Obama?  To Uncle Sugar? 

Me thinks it's a Freudian slip.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 11:15:24 pm »
Gestapo:  a secret-police organization employing underhanded and terrorist methods against persons suspected of disloyalty.

So who is Boehner working for?  Disloyalty to Obama?  To Uncle Sugar? 

Me thinks it's a Freudian slip.

Me thinks you are right!

Freudian slip
noun
(in Freudian psychology) an inadvertent mistake in speech or writing that is thought to reveal a person's unconscious motives, wishes, or attitudes.
Compare parapraxis.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:16:11 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2014, 11:57:36 pm »
God Lord!  Has this man lost all his marbles?  He might as well start talking about fillies, n**gers and wetbacks.

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 02:22:12 am »

It's the worst analogy I could think of, actually.  This actually pisses me off, unlike the manufactured outrage toward Boehner by the far right.  What a stupid, STUPID thing to say.  If I'm the Dems, I'm making ads with Boehner saying this right now. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 02:22:44 am »
God Lord!  Has this man lost all his marbles?  He might as well start talking about fillies, n**gers and wetbacks.

I'm at a loss for words.  What was he thinking? 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 03:09:22 am »
I'm at a loss for words.  What was he thinking?

Watch the entire interview. IMO he was more than a lot drunk. It has been said for a long time he has a bad drinking problem and it's why he cries like a baby.  This man should not be the face of the GOP.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 06:27:06 am »
Yes I have heard that about him for years but somehow the house members don't seem to care if you are sloshed when trying to head an important part of the countries leadership. I say we get rid of anyone who wanted this man to be speaker of the house and make sure they don't put Cantor in when his very drunk self leaves.

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 12:32:23 pm »
Me thinks you are right!

Freudian slip
noun
(in Freudian psychology) an inadvertent mistake in speech or writing that is thought to reveal a person's unconscious motives, wishes, or attitudes.
Compare parapraxis.

Typically denied or said to be misunderstood by politicians when it makes the papers. 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 02:38:43 pm »
Typically denied or said to be misunderstood by politicians when it makes the papers.

They never deny it!

The quote was taken out of context. That is the goto phrase. Just ask Barry.  :beer:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink