Author Topic: Al Gore's untruths grow more extreme  (Read 603 times)

rangerrebew

Al Gore's untruths grow more extreme
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:29:07 am »

Al Gore’s Untruths Grow More Extreme

Posted on Sun 01/26/2014 by papundits

Al Gore lies:

“We’re getting closer to a political tipping point,” Gore said. “These extreme weather events, which are now 100 times more common than 50 years ago, are really capturing people’s attention.”

Gore is flat-out wrong, as last year’s report by even the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change makes clear:

Overall, the most robust global changes in climate extremes are seen in measures of daily temperature, including to some extent, heat waves. Precipitation extremes also appear to be increasing, but there is large spatial variability…

There is limited evidence of changes in extremes associated with other climate variables since the mid-20th century…

Current datasets indicate no significant observed trends in global tropical cyclone frequency over the past century … No robust trends in annual numbers of tropical storms, hurricanes and major hurricanes counts have been identified over the past 100 years in the North Atlantic basin…

In summary, there continues to be a lack of evidence and thus low confidence regarding the sign of trend in the magnitude and/or frequency of floods on a global scale…

n summary, there is low confidence in observed trends in small-scale severe weather phenomena such as hail and thunderstorms…

In summary, the current assessment concludes that there is not enough evidence at present to suggest more than low confidence in a global-scale observed trend in drought or dryness (lack of rainfall) since the middle of the 20th century…

In summary, confidence in large scale changes in the intensity of extreme extratropical cyclones since 1900 is low…

The only thing that’s increased 100-fold since 1950 is extreme scaremongering by the likes of Gore, who is so reckless with the truth that journalists who treat him as an oracle have betrayed their craft. There is no excuse for Gore being so wrong, and no excuse for journalists not picking him up on it.

UPDATE

While the U.S. freezes, what do the warmists say?

I doubt many people thought global warming would lead to this:

America is set for the coldest month of the century as weather forecasters predict yet another freezing blast of Arctic air – putting Super Bowl Sunday in jeopardy.

Still, a cold freeze in one continent is no more evidence for or against global warming than is a heat wave in Australia. If only our Climate Commission and warmist journalists acted accordingly.

Andrew Bolt is a journalist and columnist writing for The Herald Sun in Melbourne Victoria Australia.

Andrew Bolt’s columns appear in Melbourne’s Herald Sun, Sydney’s Daily Telegraph and Adelaide’s Advertiser. He runs the most-read political blog in Australia and hosts Channel 10’s The Bolt Report each Sunday at 10am. He is also heard from Monday to Friday at 8am on the breakfast show of radio station MTR 1377, and his book  Still Not Sorry remains very widely read.

Read more excellent articles from Andrew Bolt’s Blog . http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/

Online mountaineer

Re: Al Gore's untruths grow more extreme
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:19:36 pm »
Our church cancelled Sunday services today for only the second time in my memory, due to hazardous icy and snow-covered roads. We did our part to warm the planet - we've fired up the woodburning stove almost every night - but it just hasn't worked. Still 10 degrees.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:21:25 pm »
You don't need church to have a chat with Him. Nothing wrong with setting in front of the fire, a nice hot cup of coffee or tea and just looking into the flames.  :laugh:

(Note - not hot chocolate. Pajama Boy ruined that pleasure)
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
Al Gore becomming 'more extreme' is predictable, inevitable, and redundant. However, I don't know how you can become 'more extreme' than screaming as loud as you can, "THE WORLD IS GOING TO EXPLODE, AND EVERYONE IS GOING TO DIIIIIIIEEEEEE! (unless you all give me money. lots and lots of money)

What could be more extreme than that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xgx4k83zzc
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 03:41:39 am »
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but as a technical matter, it's my understanding that an increase in the mean global temperature, which is really what so-called "global warming" is about at bottom, could cause an increase in violent weather, including an increase in extremely cold weather during winter, for the simple reason that in increase in the mean global temperature basically means that there's more energy in the atmosphere and therefore more energy available to drive masses of cold air from the poles farther toward the equator than would generally be the case without such an increase.

The argument really isn't about whether the mean global temperature is going up or down, it's about whether any increase, if real, is caused by human activity or not.  And that is where too many so-called scientists have abandoned science and become political agit-prop mouth pieces, because there is precious little real evidence that human activity is causing any hypothesized increase in temperature.