Author Topic: WMD Found In Pennslyvania At Russian’s House  (Read 1097 times)

Offline happyg

WMD Found In Pennslyvania At Russian’s House
« on: January 26, 2014, 03:12:19 am »
COPS: WMD FOUND AT RUSSIAN NATIONAL’S HOUSE DURING POT BUST. Thought NSA Was Supposed To Have Stopped This Sort of Tthing. Here Dumb Luck Found It.

Tony Lee 1-25-14  On Friday evening, Pennsylvania authorities arrested a Russian citizen for reportedly possessing a weapon of mass destruction.

Police arrested Vladislav Miftakhov, a 19-year old who the Altoona Mirror reports is an engineering student at Penn State Altoona, after finding “a suspected bomb and other bomb-making materials inside a suitcase.” They had originally gone to his residence to investigate reports that he was growing marijuana at his home.

Miftakhov “is charged with possessing a weapon of mass destruction, risking a catastrophe, possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possessing instruments of crime, prohibited offensive weapons, incendiary devices, recklessly endangering another person, possession of controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia.”

A bomb squad “safely deconstructed the suspected bomb,” which Miftakhov said was made with materials he purchased over the Internet.
http://patriotsbillboard.org/wmd-found-in-pennslyvania-at-russians-house/

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: WMD Found In Pennslyvania At Russian’s House
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:42:00 am »
There was a time when WMD actually meant Weapon of Mass Destruction and referred to either nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons.

Now some dipstick with 5lbs of Semtex or a box of ANFO is said to have a WMD.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:35 am »
There was a time when WMD actually meant Weapon of Mass Destruction and referred to either nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons.

As soon as I read the kids profile (rich Russian playboy's kid who was on pot), my first thought is a punk who was playing with explosive recipes he found on the internet. I've seen no indication it was a real WMD (biological, chemical, or nuclear).

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 04:39:51 am »
As soon as I read the kids profile (rich Russian playboy's kid who was on pot), my first thought is a punk who was playing with explosive recipes he found on the internet. I've seen no indication it was a real WMD (biological, chemical, or nuclear).

I'm sure it was kind of home made explosive.

When I was a kid, my friend and I made nitroglycerin with his chemistry set.  We proceeded to blow up a tree stump.  How we didn't blow ourselves up I'll never know.

Now, we'd get arrested for having a WMD.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 05:31:43 am »

This is some ambitious young AUSA out to make a name for himself.  Again, you can indict a ham sandwich, but proving a conspiracy in court between the mustard and the cheese against the slice of ham is quite another thing.  Often these guys try to look tough by "throwing the book" at a suspect and month or years later all they get is a plea to a minor charge that is nowhere near the magnitude of what the original accusation was.

Remember the Huttaree Militia??  Remember all the hoopla about how they were cop killers and out of control gun nuts??  Tell me, what if anything were any of them actually convicted of??

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 05:42:12 am »
AUSA?

Sounds more like the crap we did as kids - ANFO or Potassium Nitrite/Icing Sugar pipe bombs. Used to use them to clear large rocks.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline raml

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 06:22:42 am »
I am really glad you were not friends of mine. No one I went around with played with even a lighter much less stuff that would explode. We were to busy playing baseball basketball and flag football. I also loved to play in our tree house. Once in awhile when I didn't have any guys to play with I played dolls with my girlfriends. I wasn't considered to be a tom boy I just loved being around the boys they were a lot more fun to hang around with none had explosives nor did they buy fire crackers although my cousin loved to and nearly lost his hand to a fire cracker.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 06:35:47 am »
Just another part of hill farming they don't tell you about. The rock crop is good every year.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 11:18:58 am »
As I remember it from reading about the Boston Marathon bombing, a pressure cooker was used and called a WMD.  While I'm at it, a plane can also be a weapon of mass destruction.  Just ask the survivors of the WTC.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 11:24:39 am »
If you are nasty, calculating and cynical enough, a person can be an WMD.

Think Typhoid Mary. Then pick a highly contagious, incurable disease like Ebola.

It has a long and inglorious past - from plague hit horses being launched into cities, to botulism jars (frighteningly easy to make) put in communal wells, to smallpox blankets.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:27:32 am by EC »

rangerrebew

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 12:17:02 pm »
If you are nasty, calculating and cynical enough, a person can be an WMD.

Hilter?  Stalin?  Pol Pot?   Obama (to be determined)?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 02:04:35 pm »
Hilter?  Stalin?  Pol Pot?   Obama (to be determined)?

Mugabe. He weaponized AIDS (OK, technically HIV, but lets not quibble.)

Like most Central African countries, a great deal of attention is given to a man's sex drive and potency in Zimbabwe  as an indicator of his strength as a whole. You want to be the strongman in the country, you have to act the part, including banging many women.
How better to remove potential rivals than by infecting them with a horrible disease which makes them waste away before people's eyes.

Stalin used pneumonia successfully during the War. Soldiers with pneumonia would surrender to the Nazis, hoping to infect them.

My grandfather never talked about WW1, but he did mention shit flingers ('scuse language) once. In places where the trenches were pretty close together, some brave soul would use a slingshot to send the bowel movements of a cholera sufferer into the opposing trenches.

And, of course, we have Hamas. They have perfected the art of making seemingly innocent looking people go boom.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 02:12:48 pm »
Police: Penn State student built ‘weapon of mass destruction’
NY Post

A Penn State student was busted with a “weapon of mass destruction” after cops showed up at his home expecting to find marijuana plants, according to police.

The Russian-born college kid, Vladislav Miftakhov, 19, was arrested in Altoona on Friday after cops discovered a bomb and “assorted bomb- making materials” in his suitcase, police told the ­Altoona Mirror. The bomb squad dismantled the explosive, the paper reported.

Cops searched his home after a call came in claiming the student was running a marijuana grow house.

He is listed as an engineering major in the Penn State Altoona directory.

Miftakhov was charged with possessing a weapon of mass destruction, risking a catastrophe and recklessly endangering another person.

He was held at the Blair County prison on Saturday. A judge set his bail at $500,000.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 02:20:44 pm »
Just think how the leftist screams that there were no WMD in Iraq would have changed if things like this were called WMD's.

There would have been millions of them....   :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 02:45:31 pm »
If you want a slightly joking rule of thumb:

If it hits and goes bang, it is not a WMD.
If it sits and goes bang, it is an IED.
If it hits and goes BOOM, it is a WMD.
If it hits and hisses, run and pray.

Bit of doggerel from training.

rangerrebew

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 05:55:39 pm »
He was held at the Blair County prison on Saturday. A judge set his bail at $500,000.

Interesting.  A foreign student from Russia has WMDs of some sort and the bond is set at 500 Gs.  Dinesh D'Sousa's bond is set at 500 Gs for some kind of trumped up campaign finance charge?  Does anyone else see a problem here?