Author Topic: White House Concedes Obama 'Damaged' After Year of Defeats  (Read 791 times)

Offline happyg

White House Concedes Obama 'Damaged' After Year of Defeats
« on: January 27, 2014, 02:18:43 am »
By Tony Lee
The White House conceded that 2013 was a year of defeats that have left President Barack Obama damaged and lessened his credibility with the American public.

According to the Washington Post, "an internal White House assessment concludes" that Obama was "badly damaged last year by legislative failures, a government shutdown and his own missteps." The Post notes that though last year "began with the fresh-start ambitions of his second inauguration," it "ended in a long trail of mistakes, international embarrassments and missed legislative opportunities that sapped Obama’s credibility with the public."

White House senior advisor Dan Pfeiffer reportedly wrote a three-page memo assessing the White House's failures on gun control, amnesty, and more government spending on the Farm Bill and food stamps legislation. Despite these failures, the White House is intent on pushing for amnesty, climate change legislation, and the implementation of more Obamacare programs in 2014 despite what the Post described as a "deeply flawed health-care rollout" that embarrassed the White House.

Obama has previously admitted that it was "frustrating" that he could not get his biggest goal of 2013, which was amnesty. The White House also tried to exploit the Sandy Hook tragedy for more gun control and failed. Conservatives also prevented the White House from passing a pork-laden Farm Bill with more spending on food stamps.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/26/White-House-Concedes-Obama-Damaged-After-Year-of-Defeats

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: White House Concedes Obama 'Damaged' After Year of Defeats
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 03:02:05 am »
I tell ya happy, I'm just finishing up Bob Gates' book "Duty" and the one theme that is constant throughout is the number of rank partisan amateurs who know nothing about the real world much less how to hold the actual reins of power who surround Barack Obama and influence his every decision.  The backbiting, back stabbing and disrespect toward anyone in DOD runs constant throughout the book, along with constant references to the utterly stupid and petty things Joe Biden constantly butted in with. 

That puts a lot of this past year in a much different context and it really makes me wonder just how tenuous a grip the Obamunists still have, or if they really ever got a grip on anything other than the checkbook.

It will be years after Obama finally leaves office before we really begin to hear what has actually been going on.  Bob Gates was just the first.  Leon Panetta's memoir oughta be a doozy as well.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 03:16:16 am »
So did he go hard on Obama in the book? It is really hard to tell from the interviews he gave.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:51 am »
Trouble is, as much as Obastard might have been hurt by his own stupidity, arrogance, and avarice, the rest of us have been hurt far worse.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 05:20:17 am »
I doubt the administration recognizes their failings and the damage caused by it.  I have long likened the administration to a sociopath.  A sociopath has no empathy and doesn't understand his defects but can often learn to say the right words that others expect to hear even if he has no conception of why other expect...say an apology or a portrayal of concern.

I am pretty sure that the administration has learned only that voters perceive failure and they have responded to voters perception.

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »
What defeats has he had????  He goes around them all with EO's and other ways.They don't ever abide by the law when told to.  This is just all BS from WH to make it easier for him to rule with nothing BUT EO's