Author Topic: Ryan clears path for Cantor to succeed Speaker Boehner  (Read 512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Ryan clears path for Cantor to succeed Speaker Boehner
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »

Support the USO

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Ryan clears path for Cantor to succeed Speaker Boehner
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 07:11:08 PM »
The Hill recently surveyed dozens of Republicans in the House and the consensus was that the only lawmaker who could defeat Cantor is Ryan.

What about Lee? Doesn't this vote strictly go by senority?

Is Cantor a dem-lite like the rest?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 07:19:27 PM »

Yes
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 07:20:49 PM »
Other Republicans who have been mentioned as a potential Boehner successors include Reps. Jeb Hensarling (Texas), Tom Price (Ga.) and Tom Cole (Okla.).

Anyone have an updated list of the tea party caucus?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Party_Caucus#Members.2C_112th_and_113th_Congresses

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:31:20 PM »
Yes

Tom Price of Georgia is a tea party caucus member.  I think there are more in the tea party caucus than in the link I posted. It needs updated.

Rubio. He got to DC on the tea party coat-tail and then refused to caucus upon arrival. The elites got to him. Look for the GOP Elite dems to pimp out Rubio with Cathy Rogers as VP.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »
I sincerely pray we don't lose another election because we have been divided and conquered..

I guess we should be comforted in the fact Boehner said on Leno he agrees with the tea party 90% of the time.

I am not comforted. It is beyond politics anymore, we are talking bank runs and collapse if they retain power.

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 01:10:21 AM »
What about Lee? Doesn't this vote strictly go by senority?

Cantor had a 0% rating from NARAL in 2012 and 100% rating from National Right to Life in 2012
He had a 74% rating from the National Taxpayers Union and a 0% rating from Service Employees International Union (SEIU) in 2012
The National Association of Manufactures gave him 100% and the National Education Association gave him a 0% in 2012
The American Conservative Union scored him 95% in 2012 Americans for Democratic Action gave him a 0% in 2012
NRA and Gun Owners of America gave him 100% ratings in 2012
Planned Parenthood Action Fund gave him a 0% in 2013
NumbersUSA rated him 100% in 2013 on Reduce Amnesty Enticements, Reduce Illegal Jobs and Presence, and Reduce Visa Lottery
In 2012 he was endorsed by the Campaign for Working Families
However the John Birch society only gave him a 60% in 2013

So he's a RINO.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2014, 01:15:24 AM »
I sincerely pray we don't lose another election because we have been divided and conquered..

I guess we should be comforted in the fact Boehner said on Leno he agrees with the tea party 90% of the time.

I am not comforted. It is beyond politics anymore, we are talking bank runs and collapse if they retain power.
It was the unbridled optimism of the American spirit that first attracted me to conservatism.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline jmyrlefuller

• Krampus
  • Angry goat-like creature
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2014, 08:25:50 AM »
It was the unbridled optimism of the American spirit that first attracted me to conservatism.
That died when Obama got re-elected.

Offline flowers

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:42 PM »
Obama is going to use the EO from now on. Cantor and the rest of them will be just figure heads getting paid very well from now on. Obama will get his undocumented democrats too. We are done put a fork in us. This country died the night they re-elected him **nononono*

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf