Author Topic: Is this proof near-death experiences ARE real? Extraordinary new book by intensive care nurse reveals dramatic evidence she says should banish our fear of dying  (Read 1708 times)

Offline happyg

By Penny Sartori
As a nurse, I’m always cheered when I see a patient who appears to be making a good recovery. That certainly seemed the case with 60-year-old Tom Kennard, who’d been suffering from sepsis after surgery for cancer.

After a couple weeks in the intensive care ward, he was well enough to be moved from his hospital bed to a chair. Moments later, however, he suddenly slumped into unconsciousness.
There was no doubt at all that he was out cold. He responded neither to my urgent questions nor to the painful pressure of my Biro on his fingernails. 
Worse still, his skin became clammy, his oxygen levels dropped and his blood pressure plummeted — clear signs that his condition had become critical.

As I quickly gave him extra oxygen, I called out to the other nurses in the intensive care unit. Four of them immediately flocked to Tom’s bedside, and we gently helped return him to his bed as we called for a doctor urgently.
He was still unresponsive when the doctor arrived, followed a few minutes later by a consultant.
Indeed, Tom didn’t regain full consciousness for another three hours.
Yet, during those three lost hours, he had apparently gone on a life-changing journey. His first sensation, he told me afterwards, was of ‘floating upwards to the top of the room. I looked down and I could see my body on the bed. It was lovely, so peaceful — and no pain at all.’

In the next moment, the hospital ward had disappeared and he’d entered a pink room, in which his father was standing next to a man with ‘long black scruffy hair and nice eyes.’ For a time, Tom talked telepathically with his father.
At some point, he became aware that something was touching him. Once again, he was back on the hospital ward ceiling — looking down at me and the doctor.

I was putting a lollipop-shaped instrument into his mouth to clean it, he recalled later.
He could also see a woman beyond the cubicle curtains, who kept twitching them to check on his condition.
Indeed, I can personally verify that everything Tom ‘saw’ while unconscious was 100 per cent accurate — down to the swab I used to moisten his mouth and the names of the consultant and of the physiotherapist lurking behind the curtains.
While all this was going on, Tom heard the man with the scruffy hair say: ‘He’s got to go back.’ This came as a blow: he remembers desperately wanting to stay.
Shortly after that, he told me, ‘I was floating backwards and went back into my body on the bed.’

His pain was excruciating, but he could still vividly recall how peaceful he had felt in that pink room. ‘Pen,’ he told me, ‘if that’s death, it’s wonderful.’
This near-death experience had two significant effects on his life. First, Tom says, it completely removed any fear of dying.

Even more extraordinary is what happened to his right hand, which had been frozen since birth into a claw-like position.
(This had been noted on his hospital admission form, and his sister has since signed a statement confirming it.)
Yet, in front of me, soon after his near-death experience, Tom opened and flexed that same hand. This should not have been physiologically possible, as the tendons had permanently contracted. What had caused this sudden, seemingly spontaneous healing? Even now, science has  no answers.

Pictures and more of the article at link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2545668/Is-proof-near-death-experiences-ARE-real-Extraordinary-new-book-intensive-care-nurse-reveals-dramatic-evidence-says-banish-fear-dying.html#ixzz2rQz78ONw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Excellent subject for discussion, Hap!

They are actually making a movie for the NYTimes best seller book Heaven Is Real.

#HeavenIsForReal is in theaters Easter Weekend 2014.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ewaCVARtM

I read the neurosurgeons near death book.

I will try to find this book and others like it on my kindle.

I find it fascinating.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

I would like to see the movie. I believe (know) Heaven is for real. We'll all find out some day.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I can't say for sure if Heaven exists, but I can say Hell is real, and we are living in it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rapunzel

I would like to see the movie. I believe (know) Heaven is for real. We'll all find out some day.

Oh it is and they do watch over us when they pass.  It is a very thin veil between this world and the next.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Oh it is and they do watch over us when they pass.  It is a very thin veil between this world and the next.

Bit disconcerting when they poke back through sometimes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

They are actually making a movie for the NYTimes best seller book Heaven Is Real.
I hope they do it justice. That book has had a real effect on me.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

I can't say for sure if Heaven exists, but I can say Hell is real, and we are living in it.

You are not alone in that sentiment.  I have friends who say the same thing.  We all have our different struggles and burdens to carry, that is for sure.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Online rustynail

How convenient. Leaving saves the state money and is Fun for the patient.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Rapunzel

Can you foresee the death of a loved one... and choose the exact moment you die? These accounts from an intensive care nurse will astonish you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546462/Can-foresee-death-loved-one-choose-exact-moment-die-These-accounts-intensive-care-nurse-astonish-you.html

We know when we reach our "exit" point.  I don't think we consciously know it - in most cases - but we do know subconsciously and start saying goodbye to those we care about.  Though if you read the book Lipstick recommended you will be shocked to see how this woman's own son kept telling her most of his life when he was going to die and she didn't believe it, but he did die as he had been telling her for years.  The older we get the more we block out a lot of things we "remember" while we are younger and our brains are not so muddled up with all these years of "stuff" to get in the way...  for instance - I have cognitive dreams from time-to-time I don't have them nearly as often as I did when I was younger, there was a time when it used to surprise me when I'd have them, now I sort of wish I still had them as often as I did in the past.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Here is another one that is excellent:

http://drmaryneal.com/

I read this one as well. Good book. I also read the one from the neurosurgeon.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
We know when we reach our "exit" point.  I don't think we consciously know it - in most cases - but we do know subconsciously and start saying goodbye to those we care about.  Though if you read the book Lipstick recommended you will be shocked to see how this woman's own son kept telling her most of his life when he was going to die and she didn't believe it, but he did die as he had been telling her for years.  The older we get the more we block out a lot of things we "remember" while we are younger and our brains are not so muddled up with all these years of "stuff" to get in the way...  for instance - I have cognitive dreams from time-to-time I don't have them nearly as often as I did when I was younger, there was a time when it used to surprise me when I'd have them, now I sort of wish I still had them as often as I did in the past.

There is definitely something to all of this. I used to work hospice and I should write down one day what I witnessed. People think I am crazy-I really don't care.. I also have had VIVID dreams of premonition and IRL premonition I take melatonin now and my dreams are never ending scenes of horrific things and me unable to fix them.

Offline Rapunzel

There is definitely something to all of this. I used to work hospice and I should write down one day what I witnessed. People think I am crazy-I really don't care.. I also have had VIVID dreams of premonition and IRL premonition I take melatonin now and my dreams are never ending scenes of horrific things and me unable to fix them.

I take melatonin, too... and you're right crazy dreams.......