Author Topic: Just a note about something that's bothered me  (Read 7877 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Just a note about something that's bothered me
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 12:57:55 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 01:00:49 pm »
It is surreal. Obama is also releasing Guantanamo terrorist prisoners. I guess the million dollar soccer field and state of the art court house  with central air conditioning for military tribunals, was not good enough. Obama is usurping the military tribunal decisions via EO, not only letting terrorists free. But the same al-qaeda terrorist(s) that attacked Benghazi.  No wonder the NYTimes lied for Obama regarding the Benghazi story. They knew this info. was coming out. No one cares or is talking about this.

But Romney has a horse and Christie closed a bridge.

But how many people bitched and continue to bitch about both?  Who needs enemies with friends like these?  Short time gain for long term pain.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 01:17:04 pm »
There has been quite a disturbing glorification of Putin among the Paleoconservatives.  I was recently asked to sign a letter lauding Putin's views on morality and tradition from a group of American academic Paleocons.  They are sending people to Sochi with the intent of delivering the letter to Putin personally.  I refused to sign, but was surprised at some of the names of colleagues who did sign it.  I think there is a frustration among Paleo-types with the rapidity of cultural decline, and so they are grasping at straws.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/putins-paleoconservative-moment/

Perhaps it is because Putin governs the way that paleoconservatives would like to govern, which is a commentary on paleoconservative values as a whole.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »
It is surreal ...

Obama is usurping the military tribunal ...

No one cares or is talking about this.

But Romney has a horse and Christie closed a bridge.

Cognitive dissonance, thy name is politics.

I can stand just so much of it – then the part of my brain still sane wants out!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 01:22:31 pm »

You misinterpreted Gazoo's post entirely. Obama is an enemy of the state, who got elected under false pretenses. He does not like America, particularly white Americans. On the other hand, Putin is what he is. He loves his country, and though I don't aspire to his kind of government, Obama does, and more. If Obama were a dictator in any other country, he would be as bad or worse than the current crop. He goes as far as he thinks he can, but would love to go all the way with his distorted philosophy. In that regard, I would take Putin over Obama any day. I am no red shirt, but just as patriotic as you, and as religious. I love my country and so does Gazoo.

I can get my head around a politician who appears to honestly believe in the things he says he believes in, no matter how much I disagree with those beliefs, than one who lies about their beliefs to my face, while acting in a manner that exposes his lies.

Obama talks out one side of his mouth and governs out of the other, and however one feels about Putin, IMHO, the ONE thing I can say about the guy is that I know exactly what he stands for because he tells us what he stands for, and he owns those stances.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 02:34:04 pm »
I can get my head around a politician who appears to honestly believe in the things he says he believes in, no matter how much I disagree with those beliefs, than one who lies about their beliefs to my face, while acting in a manner that exposes his lies.

Obama talks out one side of his mouth and governs out of the other, and however one feels about Putin, IMHO, the ONE thing I can say about the guy is that I know exactly what he stands for because he tells us what he stands for, and he owns those stances.

I don't agree that Putin always tells us what he stands for.  He is a "political animal" and no political animal is without an agenda.  It behooves us to keep that in mind.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:20 pm »
I don't agree that Putin always tells us what he stands for.  He is a "political animal" and no political animal is without an agenda.  It behooves us to keep that in mind.

The enemy of my enemy is my "friend".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 02:51:29 pm »

Wisely put. Any politician is going to engage in a certain amount of calculation. If they don't they are not doing their job. Putin is, however, remarkably consistent in his statements and his approach to both governing and policy.
His approach reminds me a heck of a lot of Margaret Thatcher, though he differs widely in his policies.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 03:00:46 pm »

It appears that no matter what, he puts Russia first, he advances the idea of Russian exceptionalism. He also probably believes that he is the best thing for Russia right now. That's consistent with leadership.

Obama on the other hand acts in a strikingly opposite manner by seldom seeming to have America and/or her interests first in his mind and actions, but rather an agenda for America to achieve his personal ideological goals.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 03:01:42 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #59 on: January 25, 2014, 12:56:10 pm »
Romney: 'Putin has outperformed our president time and time again' | The Daily Caller
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/24/romney-destrominates-obama-putin-has-outperformed-our-president-time-and-time-again/
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?