Author Topic: Holder Accuses GOP of Intentionally Using Voter ID Laws to 'Depress the Vote'  (Read 633 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/01/24/Holder-Accuses-GOP-of-Intentionally-Using-Voter-ID-Laws-to-Depress-the-Vote

24 Jan 2014

Attorney General Eric Holder when questioned by MSNBC's "The Cycle" co-host Ari Melber about republicans saying voter ID laws are for election integrity.

“I think many are using it for partisan advantage.”

“People have to understand that we are not opposed to photo identification in a vacuum, But when it is used in — certain ways to disenfranchise particular groups of people, whether by racial designation, ethnic origin, or for partisan reasons, that from my perspective is problematic.”

“I think it is being used in too many instances to depress the vote of particular groups of people who are not supported of the party that is advancing these photo ID measures.”

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:45:17 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I guess that Eric (the red) Holder thinks preventing dead people and those in homes for the elderly and disabled from voting in mass for democrats comes under the heading of "voter suppression"
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 02:13:58 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline happyg

Republicans need to come out and say democrats are against voter id laws to aid cheating, instead of beating around the bush. Nearly everyone knows how to get an id if they want one, and most people don't know anyone who doesn't have a proper id. The law will prevent those who are not qualified to vote. Period! And, that is what the democrats don't want.

Offline musiclady

Republicans need to come out and say democrats are against voter id laws to aid cheating, instead of beating around the bush. Nearly everyone knows how to get an id if they want one, and most people don't know anyone who doesn't have a proper id. The law will prevent those who are not qualified to vote. Period! And, that is what the democrats don't want.

:amen:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

If you want to know what the left is up to, just see what they're accusing us of doing. We're "depressing" the vote; they're making the entire elections process a fraud.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
You need an ID to obtain food stamps. You need an ID to watch Obama speak. The state of PA. passed a  law that the ID could be obtained for free, yet the dems wiped the voter ID law out. Homeless people can vote. They are just mad because it is hard for dems to pass off 1000's of bogus absentee ballots and bus in people to vote many times in many states. Dead people can't vote without ID's either.

Where is Holder on the military absentee ballots that never make it CONUS?

Military Absentee Ballots Delivered One Day Late, Would Have Swung Election For Romney
http://www.duffelblog.com/2012/11/military-absentee-ballots-delivered-one-day-late-would-have-swung-election-for-romney/

Is the GOP doing something to stop the horror of military ballots not making it? Or will they moan and groan about it as it happens again?

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

rangerrebew

And the democrats used taxpayer money to buy low information votes.