Author Topic: Ruger/Smith and Wesson leaving control freak state of California  (Read 318 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Ruger/Smith and Wesson leaving control freak state of California
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 06:28:53 AM »
This is a frighteningly short sighted law - I bet LEOs hate it.

Right now, many shooters are caught using the brass. Not from stamping, but from the partial prints left on the brass while loading. The heat of firing sets the print. Your average shooter never thinks of that, so leaves it laying there to be collected as evidence.

Now they are going to pull the trigger, then remind themselves to pick up the spent casing before they leave the scene. Just in case. Gang bangers may not be Einstein, but they are not stupid and pretty good at self preservation.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 08:13:56 AM »
Gang bangers may not be Einstein, but they are not stupid and pretty good at self preservation.

They will do as I'm sure they are already doing, get bullets and weapons from south of the border.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:14:19 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 08:29:34 AM »
They will do as I'm sure they are already doing, get bullets and weapons from south of the border.

True - but it's the mindset. "Police your brass" is ingrained for some people. This law - because with micro-stamping you can never be sure - will ingrain it in minds you do not want to think of that.

Never mind that, in order to be effective, micro-stamping would require a national gun registry, similar to the National Print Registry (yours is FBI run, I believe).
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »
Yeah, but the California Commies got what they wanted -  voluntary withdrawal from the state by two of our principal gun makers. Second hand gun control. :shrug:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf