Author Topic: CNN’s Jake Tapper Says What Americans Wish All Journalists Could Understand  (Read 479 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/24/cnns-jake-tapper-says-what-americans-wish-every-single-journalist-would-understand/

CNN’s Jake Tapper Says What Americans Wish All Journalists Could Understand
Jan. 24, 2014 10:55pm Jason Howerton

During an interview with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Friday, CNN’s Jake Tapper said the words almost all Americans have been dying to hear from anyone in media: “I choose to make it my job to not automatically believe what the U.S. government says.”
Jake Tapper Tells Hugh Hewitt Its Not His Job to Blindly Believe Government

The journalism-related discussion began after Hewitt asked if NSA leaker Edward Snowden “gravely injured the national security interests of the United States” by leaking so much classified information.

In response, Tapper explained that it’s his job to be skeptical of people like Snowden — but also of the U.S. government.

“I choose to make it my job to not automatically believe what the U.S. government says,” Tapper said.

After Hewitt argued that it’s not just those within the government who argue the leaks hurt national security, Tapper reiterated that everyone in news should maintain a healthy level of skepticism for both sides of the issue.

“My job is to be skeptical. Skeptical of people like Edward Snowden, and skeptical of the U.S. government,” the CNN host said. “My job is to not take for granted when somebody says ‘Oh, this is all just a made-up, phony scandal’ or ‘What this person did put the U.S. government at risk.’”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?