Author Topic: Limbaugh: GOP Leadership 'Thugs' for Pushing Amnesty Against the Will of the People  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Pushing some sort of immigration reform that includes some sort of path to legalization and permanent residency is not against the will of the people.

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Y'know, I'm still waiting for a detailed description of the SS-type troops you're willing to deploy to round up all of these illegals and frog-march them (or worse) back across the Rio Grande.

I'm also still waiting for a detailed description of how you intend to "secure" the borders - you have two to deal with, you realize?  Or aren't we going to fence off the Canadians just yet?

For reference, the US border with Mexico is 1,933 miles long (give or take).  For further reference, according to the DOT here:  http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/environment/noise/noise_barriers/inventory/summary/stable76.cfm

the cost to build a simple noise barrier in 2010 averaged $32 per square foot of barrier.  For a 16-foot noise barrier (a not unreasonable assumption), the cost per linear foot is 16 x $32 = $512.  For one mile, the cost is 5,280 x $512 = $2,703,360.  So, just to build a pathetic little 16-foot high noise barrier - hardly a serious barrier to illegals - would cost about $5,225,594,880, or, to make it more comprehensible, about $5.25 billion dollars.  That's right, it would cost us, the US taxpayers, at least $5.25 billion dollars just to build a highway noise barrier along the entire US/Mexico border.

But we can't have the Canadians be feeling left out, can we?  The terrestial border with Canada is approximately 5,525 miles.  If we want to build a noise barrier along that border, we'll have to spend about $14,936,064,000, which is almost $15 billion dollars.  Are the Canucks really that noisy?

That's a cool $20 billion dollars just to wall ourselves off from our neighbors' noise.  How much more do you think it'd cost to build something that illegals cannot get through?

And that's just the initial construction costs.  There will be continual maintenance and repair costs that would most likely run into the millions of dollars a year.

So, I'm guessing that a wall along the entire length of the border is out.

What do you propose in its place?  How about what the East Germans used at places like Checkpoint Charlie - multiple layers of barbed wire and gun nests?

If not that, then what?  And how much is it going to cost the rest of us?

Even putting aside the philosophical differences, I am fed to the teeth with people who demand that we "secure the border" but fail to provide any sort of concrete detail whatsoever on how that would be accomplished and how much it would cost.  Those people are in the same category as the Obamacare fiends who demand universal health care without ever once considering the economics and costs of their demands.

And then there's the human security factor.  Anyone have any deep-seated affection for the thugs from TSA?  I thought not.  They're bad enough at the airports, do we want to get cavity-searched each time we want to cross into Nuevo Laredo?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:31:07 PM by Oceander »

Offline Rapunzel

Y'know, I'm still waiting for a detailed description of the SS-type troops you're willing to deploy to round up all of these illegals and frog-march them (or worse) back across the Rio Grande.

You didn't even read the article. Your first paragraph proves you didn't.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
You didn't even read the article. Your first paragraph proves you didn't.

I'm addressing the broader point:  I want to know exactly, precisely, with detailed descriptions, how you - yes, you personally - would "secure" the borders and what that would cost.

And before you go throwing more polls at me, I'd like to remind you about all of the polls that routinely get discredited around here simply because they favor Obastard and the democrats.

There are lies, there are damned lies, and then there are statistics, of which polls are merely a sub-species.

Just as any prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich, any pollster can find a statistical sample that will bear out his/her favorite political wishes.

Offline Rapunzel

I've answered your question adnausem. I answered it to Once-ler just yesterday on another thread. No one here is talking deportation, and you know it.  That is a false flag argument.  Arizona has proven it is quite simple to make it undesirable to be here as an illegal citizen and as a result they go somewhere else. 

And.  To be clear.  We currently have over 32% real unemployment.  A lot of this is due to people who are under-educated for the current state of our society.  Why should we taxpayers foot the bill for another 11 million uneducated non-citizens.  It is bad enough we are already paying them welfare benefits and spending taxpayer dollars to fly children of illegals into the USA from other countries to be with their parents - and here we had been told can't sent them back - their poor kids will be parentless when in fact they came here illegally and left their kids behind.. the kids like so much else in our government are nothing more than pawns for the liberal bleeding hearts. 

I suspect you have ulterior motives for being so pro-illegals and that is your business.    You've made it clear you have no use for national borders and everyone should just come on in.    Hell  given your views we may as well all just get rid of congress, president, SCOTUS and individual states and just let the UN run things.

This country is already teetering financially from so many uneducated and undereducated, unskilled workers.  We do not need more people to collect welfare and food stamps and procreate like rabbits .. 

Whats more after Reagan's amnesty the GOP received less votes the next election from Hispanics and even less when Bush #41 ran and even less than Bush #41 when Dole ran - and Dole was one of the main pushers of the last amnesty - which was supposed to be our LAST amnesty.  The GOP is already splitting down the middle.  Believe what you will, they pass amnesty the GOP is history. 

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Pushing some sort of immigration reform that includes some sort of path to legalization and permanent residency is not against the will of the people.

I know plenty who have taken the path to legalization the correct way under current laws. There is nothing wrong with the current laws. The republicans are now allowing the dems to buy votes and turn Texas blue.

"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I think she should run for President

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Once-Ler

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:08:48 AM by Once-Ler »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:10:28 AM by Gazoo »

Offline Once-Ler

I'm sorry Gazoo.  None of your links have much to do with Governor Brewer, pictured here on Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2013.

She's not the hardcore heroine of conservatism some people claim.  I'm not trying to beat her up I think she is fantastic, but she has been supportive of Obamacare and she has not stayed a hardcore true border patriot.  I think it very likely as President she would sign whatever bill the Congress sent her if she could credibly say it helped secure the borders.

I can't prove that, but your links don't prove otherwise.  At any rate hope you are staying warm. ^-^

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: the latest Brewer/Obama pic you posted. for all we know she was just greeting him as anyone would a POTUS.

My links expressed Brewer supported immigration reform in June. Not the new- please this and please that party- crap. It also shows the media having a hay day dividing and pointing to Boehner and the tea party. The GOP needs to vote on REAL immigration reform and move on to the real news of Obamas scandals and failures, the dems know this, so they are milking it to the max.

There is no need to discuss this, you're correct. As I don't think Brewer would support Obamas illegal vote purge but I won't lose too much sleep if I am wrong as we live in bizarro world..

It is very, very cold I hope you are staying warm as well. :beer:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
I repeat again...I am not defending Boehner. But here is more evidence the media plays up the divide.

Boehner: I Agree With Tea Party '90% of the Time' | CNS News
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/boehner-i-agree-tea-party-90-time

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf