Author Topic: S.E. Cupp Backs Obama’s Former Deputy Campaign Manager Into a Corner Over Huckabee’s ‘Libido’ Remarks  (Read 452 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/24/s-e-cupp-backs-obamas-former-deputy-campaign-manager-into-a-corner-over-huckabees-libido-remarks/

S.E. Cupp Backs Obama’s Former Deputy Campaign Manager Into a Corner Over Huckabee’s ‘Libido’ Remarks
Jan. 24, 2014 7:42pm Jason Howerton

CNN host S.E. Cupp chastised the media over its reaction to former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s so-called “libido” comments, saying she’s never seen “lazier, more intellectually dishonest analysis.”

(CNN)

The kind of analysis Cupp was specifically referring to was put on display when President Barack Obama’s former deputy campaign manager and “Crossfire” co-host Stephanie Cutter argued — or assumed — Huckabee must feel the same way towards women as he is accusing Democrats of feeling towards women.

“I’ve got to say that I feel like I’m in the ‘Twilight Zone.’ It is so 100 percent clear that Mike Huckabee was talking about the Democratic treatment towards women and not his own feeling or the Republican Party’s feeling about women,” Cupp began, also adding that she’s the first one to admit Republicans have not been good at connecting with female voters.

“I have never seen lazier, more intellectually dishonest analysis of this moment than I have today,” she added. “I mean, it’s shocking to me. It is clear what Mike Huckabee’s intention was here.”

When Cutter chimed in and claimed Huckabee was saying providing contraception to women makes them dependent on “Uncle Sugar,” Cupp read the former governor’s comments verbatim to add context:

“If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it.”

To which Cutter could only reply: “He’s the only one who is saying that about Democrats, that must be what he believes.”

“So the bottom line is, Republicans are on the wrong side of the issue and Huckabee did not help them out yesterday,” she concluded.

Cupp pushed back even further, saying she can’t believe even some Republicans are going along with the “made-up media narrative” that Huckabee was expressing his own views towards women. Huckabee was “clearly implicating Democrats,” she said.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776