Author Topic: State Dept Warns Athletes: Wearing Team USA Gear in Sochi May Put You in Danger  (Read 259 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Sports/2014/01/23/State-Department-Dont-Wear-US-Gear-Sochi

by Breitbart Sports 23 Jan 2014

The United States State Department has warned U.S. Olympic athletes that wearing team USA colors around Sochi may put them in danger during the Winter Games in two weeks.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the U.S. Olympic Committee sent a memo to athletes cautioning them about wearing Team USA gear as terror threats have been heightened in Sochi as the Games near.

"The U.S. Department of State has advised that wearing conspicuous Team USA clothing in non-accredited areas may put your personal safety at greater risk," the memo reportedly said.

The memo also "details other steps that athletes can take to ensure their safety while in Sochi, including enrolling in a State Department traveler program."

Greg Bretz, "a snowboard half-pipe rider preparing for his second Olympics," confirmed to the Journal that officials "have told us not to wear our USA gear outside of the venues." He also said he has "so much faith in the United States and our safety that I'm not too worried about it."

Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
My gosh that looks like a bad Christmas sweater....

Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

"The U.S. Department of State has advised that wearing conspicuous Team USA clothing in non-accredited areas may put your personal safety at greater risk," the memo reportedly said.
Plus, any expression of pride in one's country really really offends the Obama administration.
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Offline Relic

Plus, any expression of pride in one's country really really offends the Obama administration.

So much so, that if there is an issue, you're on your own. See: Benghazi.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf