« on: January 24, 2014, 12:52:14 PM »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:57:26 PM »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:05:53 PM »
NO, that is a blood alcohol level for intoxication, and not driving a vehicle--in all 50 states.

One beer is illegal for Bieber since he isn't old enough to drink. Being legally drunk doesn't always mean a person is drunk. The breathalyzers measure alcohol, not sobriety. I believe Bieber was messed up, and am more interested in his cell phone controversy.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 01:27:05 PM »
One beer is illegal for Bieber since he isn't old enough to drink. Being legally drunk doesn't always mean a person is drunk. The breathalyzers measure alcohol, not sobriety. I believe Bieber was messed up, and am more interested in his cell phone controversy.

He admitted he had been taking Xanax and smoking pot all day........ no way should he have been driving.

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 01:34:38 PM »
He admitted he had been taking Xanax and smoking pot all day........ no way should he have been driving.

He should spend some time in jail, then sent home to Canada. Let them handle the brat.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 01:48:14 PM »
He should spend some time in jail, then sent home to Canada. Let them handle the brat.

Yep...

and his dad is hanging out with him doing drugs, speeding in expensive cars, etc.. isn't this the dad who abandoned him and left his mother to raise him without help?

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
Well, this makes it all worth while:
Justin Bieber was seen 'crying his eyes out' following his arrest yesterday for drunk driving, resisting arrest and driving without a licence while allegedly drag racing in Miami.

The 19-year-old pop star had initially appeared to make light of his arrest on Thursday for drunk driving. He was pictured smiling in one of his mug shots, and waving to crowds of his fans after being released on bail.

However, a source claimed that the singer's emotions became too much upon returning to the detention center. ...

Rest of story at Daily Mail

“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 05:09:29 PM »
These young people have almost zero creativity, originality, etc. Been following black styles and fads, like backwards caps, for many many years.

Lame looking shoes, everybody gets arm tattoos. The totally gone get neck tattoos.

Music sucks, styles suck, manners suck.

I'll put forward, and you might agree (regardless of politics) the music of the 60s/70s was creative, original, and is recognized by most as without equal.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »
NO, that is a blood alcohol level for intoxication, and not driving a vehicle--in all 50 states.
Oftentimes these things are misreported. They are usually only reported to two points after the decimal, so in this case it is probably .14 -- well over the limit for DWI and very close to aggravated DWI.
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline Carling

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »
These young people have almost zero creativity, originality, etc. Been following black styles and fads, like backwards caps, for many many years.

Lame looking shoes, everybody gets arm tattoos. The totally gone get neck tattoos.

Music sucks, styles suck, manners suck.

I'll put forward, and you might agree (regardless of politics) the music of the 60s/70s was creative, original, and is recognized by most as without equal.

Original music died shortly after Kurt Cobain was murdered.  For the past 20 years, it's all been over-produced crap that floods the radio.

There is no way a Steely Dan, a Genesis, or a Chicago would get a major label today, let alone on pop radio.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 07:44:32 PM »
I've often said we haven't heard truly musical stuff since the 1970s. Where's the musicality in today's tripe?

Yeah, I know, I'm sounding just like my parents did in the 1960s.  :chairbang:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:45:03 PM by mountaineer »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
I've often said we haven't heard truly musical stuff since the 1970s. Where's the musicality in today's tripe?

Yeah, I know, I'm sounding just like my parents did in the 1960s.  :chairbang:

Look at it this way.. when was the last time you watched a romance movie where they played rap as the romantic background music?  Nope, more than likely these days they play something from the past.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 07:54:31 PM »
I've never been a big music person.  Being the typical geek, I mostly enjoyed classical music and the random song/work of various artists.  Most modern stuff, especially this "pop" garbage, I will not even consider because I find it to simply be crap.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 07:56:55 PM »
But on the subject of Bieber, he is a just another great example that Lord Acton was absolutely correct.

"Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely."
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf