Author Topic: Dearborn school tells 8 yr. old with autism not to bring Bible to school  (Read 589 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 12:16:37 PM by rangerrebew »
When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British parliament was advised by an artful man [Sir William Keith], who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people. That it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them. But that they should not do it openly; but to weaken them and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.
George Mason

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Dearborn school tells 8 yr. old with autism not to bring Bible to school
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 12:27:14 PM »
The bible thing is wrong on so many levels I can't even start to process it.

The worksheet thing though? We're Italian in our traditions, though very English in a lot of the food. Our kids started having water with a splash of wine in it at dinner when they could be trusted to use a glass correctly. Our grand kids the same.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
IIRC Dearborn is heavily Muslim.........

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 02:43:36 PM »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 02:51:36 PM »

Yep, Dearborn is one of the points where the muslims have gained a foot hold. There is a city near there, Hamtramck, where they sound the muslim call to prayer 5 times a day.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:02:47 PM »
It is. That's why I'm surprised they'd mention wine at all. Apparently, they were trying to teach the "long i" sound (lime, wine, smile) but I guess no other words came to mind.  ^-^

As for the Bible, I wonder if that particular book has been banned everywhere. When I was in 11th grade, I actually took a "Bible as Literature" course in a public high school for my English credit. I guess those days are over!

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • �It�s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 03:43:56 PM »

As for the Bible, I wonder if that particular book has been banned everywhere.

I'd be willing to bet if the father sent him with a Koran the school wouldn't have said a word.
When the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British parliament was advised by an artful man [Sir William Keith], who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people. That it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them. But that they should not do it openly; but to weaken them and let them sink gradually, by totally disusing and neglecting the militia.
George Mason

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 03:56:30 PM »
I'd be willing to bet if the father sent him with a Koran the school wouldn't have said a word.
Indeed. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 04:11:42 PM »
It is. That's why I'm surprised they'd mention wine at all. Apparently, they were trying to teach the "long i" sound (lime, wine, smile) but I guess no other words came to mind.  ^-^

As for the Bible, I wonder if that particular book has been banned everywhere. When I was in 11th grade, I actually took a "Bible as Literature" course in a public high school for my English credit. I guess those days are over!

Our daughter took a class with that name in the late nineties in a public school.

I haven't checked, but I'm guessing it's not taught in very many (if any) schools any more.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf