Author Topic: Romney DESTROMINATES Obama: ‘Putin has outperformed our president time and time again’  (Read 824 times)

Offline happyg

Brendan Bordelon

Mitt Romney has kept a relatively low profile since he lost his run for the White House to President Obama. But on Friday the former Massachusetts governor felt compelled to criticize President Obama’s submissive relationship with Russia, claiming that President Vladimir Putin “has outperformed our president time and time again on the world stage.”

Romney spoke to NBC News’ Peter Alexander in an interview to air Friday evening, touching on a variety of topics in the run-up to release of Netflix’s new documentary “Mitt.” As the discussion turned to foreign policy, Alexander asked the former presidential hopeful how President Obama “has handled the situation in Russia, his interactions directly with Vladimir Putin?”

“Well, I think Putin has outperformed our president time and time again on the world stage,” Romney responded. “We are, I said this before, geopolitical adversaries — not enemies, but adversaries geopolitical — and Putin lines up with [Syrian President] Assad, and gave Assad the cover that he needed and won a diplomatic battle with regards to Syria.”

“He likewise keeps Edward Snowden as a bit of a stick in the eye at America,” he continued. “And I think most observers of the international political scene suggest that Russia has elevated itself in stature and America has been diminished.”

Since Putin regained the presidency from his deputy Dmitri Medvedev in 2012, he has flexed Russian muscles in a way not seen since the Cold War. In addition to undercutting U.S. policy in Syria and sheltering NSA leaker Edward Snowden from American espionage charges, Putin has sought to expand Russian power into large swathes of the former Soviet Union pressuring his neighbors to join a Russian-led Customs Union rather than the EU.

That push is behind the recent outburst of riots in Ukraine, a country straddling the East-West fault line. As Ukrainian citizens battle police for a chance to escape domination by their eastern neighbor, Russia’s foreign minister vowed earlier this week that his country would do its utmost to prevent a break-up and “stabilize the situation” — language some fear could presage a Russian intervention

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/24/romney-destrominates-obama-putin-has-outperformed-our-president-time-and-time-again/#ixzz2rMIAaSp7

Offline Rapunzel

:thumbsup3:

If only Bush would say something similar.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
If it were not for Obama leading from the rear, Syria would not have been able to give the Russians their first warm water naval base ever at Tartus.  Russia largely runs interference in the Med for Iran and others who support House Assad.

Not that Romney would have done any better, but I damned well guarantee you President Gingrich would have.....

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Cheif - can we not use Obama leading from the rear? After years of chat about him and what he has done to traditional allies, it's a mental image I don't want to get!  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Oceander

If it were not for Obama leading from the rear, Syria would not have been able to give the Russians their first warm water naval base ever at Tartus.  Russia largely runs interference in the Med for Iran and others who support House Assad.

Not that Romney would have done any better, but I damned well guarantee you President Gingrich would have.....

:smokin:

I think a President Romney would have done better; certainly I don't think he would have been baited the way Obama and Kerry were over Syria.