Author Topic: Bill de Blasio: Andrew Cuomo is right; 'our people' reject conservative values  (Read 558 times)

Offline happyg

By Charlie Spiering

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio explained that Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., was right in saying that conservative views were not welcome in New York, according to Breitbart News reporter Kerry Picket. (AP Photo) New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio explained that Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., was right in saying...
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio explained that Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., was right in saying that conservative views were not welcome in New York, according to Breitbart News reporter Kerry Picket.

“The first point is, we represent our people and Governor Cuomo is right and I believe I’m on firm ground in saying our people, the people in New York State and the people of New York City reject extremists views against a women’s right to choose and in favor of the proliferation of guns in our society," Cuomo told reporters at the U.S. Conference of Mayors in Washington on Thursday. "And I stand by that 100 percent.”

De Blasio clarified that he still believed in free speech, but that Cuomo was right in pointing out that New Yorkers had different values than pro-life, pro Second Amendment conservatives.

“I think he’s saying that the attitude of those who want to continue the status quo on guns or want to challenge and deny the right to choose does not reflect the values of New Yorkers," de Blasio said. "He was absolutely right to say what he said.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/bill-de-blasio-andrew-cuomo-is-right-our-people-reject-conservative-values/article/2542831

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
We should have listened when a former Governor of Louisiana suggested that we close all the valves in the pipelines heading North and let them freeze in the dark!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sinkspur

These goombahs have no idea the damage they're doing to New York tourism and to the willingness of those in flyover country to feel any compassion for these bullying bastards should a major terrorist attack crumble the Empire State Building.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.