Author Topic: TV ratings: 'American Idol' leads the night as ABC, NBC grow  (Read 667 times)

Offline Rapunzel

TV ratings: 'American Idol' leads the night as ABC, NBC grow
« on: January 23, 2014, 09:21:49 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: TV ratings: 'American Idol' leads the night as ABC, NBC grow
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 09:24:24 PM »
So far American Idol is the best I've ever seen it this year and 1 million % better than the disaster of last year.. there is a lot of chemistry with Keith Urban, Jennifer Lopez and Harry Connick, Jr... and both Urban and Connick are showing their light sides, I think Urban wanted to slit his throat most of the last season - this season he is clearly at ease and enjoying himself.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:17 PM »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 09:34:28 PM »
I had no idea Harry Connick, Jr. was such a comedian....... or Keith Urban (though I've heard both he and Nicole Kidman are hilarious when they throw parties in Nashville)

http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=666457

VIDEO: Watch a Nervous Harry Connick Jr. 'Audition' for AMERICAN IDOL (TV Content)

Watch below as a 'nervous' Harry musters up the courage to perform the 'Star-Spangled Banner' for Keith in his 'Idol' audition!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AARX4qRBHfI&amp;list=PL8x9Zx_hMDsYyC4H0ATLgbt_W9eo3VMg5" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AARX4qRBHfI&amp;list=PL8x9Zx_hMDsYyC4H0ATLgbt_W9eo3VMg5</a>

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 10:12:56 PM »
I enjoy the show. My favorite so far is Maurice Townsend and a girl that was on tonight. I didn't catch her name, but she is black, 15, and had a bunch of ugly flowers in her hair. I like AI and The Voice. They are relaxing and it's fun to watch talent get better.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »
I enjoy the show. My favorite so far is Maurice Townsend and a girl that was on tonight. I didn't catch her name, but she is black, 15, and had a bunch of ugly flowers in her hair. I like AI and The Voice. They are relaxing and it's fun to watch talent get better.

The 15-year-old with the sparkly lips???    I really think so far this is the best start in a very long time...

I can't wait for The Voice to start up again, too.. going to be fun this season  - Massadjv's girl, Shakira is back and Miranda Lambert is teamed up with her (against my guy Blake)......

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 10:52:19 PM »

The 15-year-old with the sparkly lips???    I really think so far this is the best start in a very long time...

I can't wait for The Voice to start up again, too.. going to be fun this season  - Massadjv's girl, Shakira is back and Miranda Lambert is teamed up with her (against my guy Blake)......

I didn't know that. I love Shakira. Is Christina leaving again? I think she does a good job, too.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 11:02:29 PM »
I didn't know that. I love Shakira. Is Christina leaving again? I think she does a good job, too.

Shakira and Usher are back this season and Christina and Celo are sitting out........

BTW did you watch the new show after AI tonight - Rake - with Greg Kinnear?   I LOVED it!  Was laughing out loud in certain parts.

Offline happyg

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 11:27:08 PM »
Shakira and Usher are back this season and Christina and Celo are sitting out........

BTW did you watch the new show after AI tonight - Rake - with Greg Kinnear?   I LOVED it!  Was laughing out loud in certain parts.

No. I wanted to check it out, but forgot. Remind me next week. The ads looked good.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 11:37:03 PM »
No. I wanted to check it out, but forgot. Remind me next week. The ads looked good.

It was very funny... he is a bad boy, divorced, bumbling attorney living with his best friend (could be a relative I'm not 100% certain), the friends wife and three kids - wife is a prosecutor - tonight the LAPD impounded his car for illegal parking and by the time he finished his case (which he won and ticked off the mayor and the PD in the process) when he went to get his car back they charged him $800 to get it back and told him where to find it parked.. when he found it they had crushed it........ oh and Greta was a guest on the show - she "interviewed" him for his case....

Offline happyg

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:24 PM »
Sounds good. I channel surfed most of the night. I watched Megyn, but then, a friend called, so missed most of her show. Joan Crawford is on TMC this month. I never liked her acting.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf