Author Topic: Carney: Huckabee’s comments ‘offensive to me and to women’  (Read 467 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/23/carney-huckabees-comments-offensive-to-me-and-to-women/

Carney: Huckabee’s comments ‘offensive to me and to women’

Posted By Caroline May On 2:52 PM 01/23/2014

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee made waves Thursday when he remarked that Democrats think women “cannot control their libido” without the government’s help.

Huckabee’s comment ignited a good deal of Twitter reaction and a comment from the White House spokesman.

“Whoever said it, sounds offensive to me and to women,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said during Thursday’s White House briefing, when asked about Huckabee’s comments. Carney noted that he had not yet seen reports about the remarks. (RELATED: Huckabee: Democrats think ‘women cannot control their libido without government help)

Huckabee made his comments Thursday afternoon before the Republican National Committee’s winter meeting in Washington, D.C.

“If the Democrats want to insult the women of America by making them believe that they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing for them a prescription each month for birth control, because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of the government, then so be it,” Huckabee, a 2008 presidential candidate and Fox News host said.

“Let us take that discussion all across America, because women are far more than the Democrats have played them to be,” he added.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Carney: Huckabee’s comments ‘offensive to me and to women’
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:26:35 pm »
Jay Carney knows what libido is?

I am shocked.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 11:29:59 pm »
libido?  that's what Carson and Hope used to call it.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 11:36:18 pm »
Pity most of today's American women won't understand this was a compliment.   :shrug: