Author Topic: Reverend to Obama: You're Black ... So What? Do Your Job, Mr. President  (Read 472 times)

Offline happyg

GRETA VAN SUSTEREN, FOX NEWS HOST: Reverend, let me ask you another question. It's about comments President Obama made to the "New Yorker" magazine. The president saying, "No doubt some folks who really dislike me because they don't like the idea of a black president. Now, the flip side of it is, there are some black folks and make some white folks who really like me and give me the benefit of the doubt precisely because I'm a black president."

Reverend, your thoughts on the president's comments?

THE REV. MICHEL FAULKNER, PRESIDENT, THE INSTITUTE FOR LEADERSHIP: He is the President of these United States of America, black, white, whatever. We elected him and twice. So he has got a job to do, black, white, whatever. And, sure, there are some people that don't like him because is he black and there are some people that are going to give him the benefit of the doubt because is he black. So what? Do your job, Mr. President. We elected you to do a job.

We didn't elect you because you were black. We elected you because the majority of Americans believed that the content of your character was beyond the color of your skin. Now for you to bring up skin color in this day and age. I have been black all my life and I have been dealing with it all my life. We do that. That is what we do. We have to be comfortable in who we are. Not saying that the comments said that Mr. Obama is not comfortable in who he is, however he is the president of the United States. I don't expect the president to say those things or to at least say them out loud so people can hear them. He is the president. He has got a job to do

Video at link:
http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/01/21/reverend-obama-youre-black-so-what-do-your-job-mr-president

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Reverend to Obama: You're Black ... So What? Do Your Job, Mr. President
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »
BTTT!