Author Topic: Humana Health Care  (Read 13840 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Humana Health Care
« on: January 22, 2014, 04:49:20 pm »
Yesterday I got a strange phone call from Humana. They have been my health care insurance for a few months. They have been trying to call me for a while but I never took their callls because they like to spam about some silver sneakers program. I get so much Humana snail mail it is now in the spam category.

I was told it was Humana they made me verify all of my personal info by saying things they knew . I was then told to make an appointment the following morning for a PA to come TO MY HOME and assess me.

I told them it is crazy I had a physical and I am not paying for this. they said IT IS FREE.

I let lose and told them my health insurance went up so much it is intolerable and that the only doc I use regularly is a Physical therapist and they send me bills for that and I'll be damned if some PA is coming to my home to examine me and then I am stuck with the bill.

They said they have been doing this for a few years it is free. I said I just had all my vitals taken and I was not aware I was buying a life insurance policy. They said it is part of my health insurance and free and continued to get me to confirm an appointment for the next morning; or next few days as this PA would be fitting me in easily tomorrow blah blah blah.

Has anyone heard of this? I don't care how legit it is it is strange.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 04:50:59 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

Re: Humana Health Care
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:43:29 pm »
Was the number: 855-319-4450?

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-319-4450

Kristi

22 Feb 2013

They called saying they were from Humana Insurance. I don't know for sure whether they really were or not.

Caller: Humana?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply!

jrfairy replies to Kristi

22 Apr 2013

I got a call Friday from them wanting to come to my house for a health check. I'm calling Humana Monday and see what in going on.  I am insured with Humana.

Reply!

Carol replies to Kristi

23 Aug 2013

I had a message from that # that said it was Humana, too.   When I called back (because Humana is my insurance co.)  I was told the person who originally called was busy and would call back.  The call back (no number listed on my caller ID) said Humana wanted to send a Dr. to my home to check my BP and ask questions.  I said NO WAY would I allow a stranger to come into my home.  She insisted it was to better the communications between them and my doctor and that the visitor would have credentials.
When I said a flat out "NO" she said they'd give me time to think it over and call back.  I just hung up.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:48:19 pm »
Yes, Hap that is the exact number. The name of the company is MatrixForMe.com.

Thank-you for posting that I don't feel bad cancelling. I am glad I was not the only one that thought that was odd.

They told me the same load of crap that the PA would communicate with my doctor for me.

After telling me in the spiel that they are always PA's and they could be traveling PA's. So I said how can the physician assistant communicate if she leaves town after examining me? It is ridiculous for her to communicate what my doctor already knows.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:52:16 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:49:34 pm »
Protect yourself from scams and identity theft

On the phone

Scam artists try to get Social Security and bank account numbers in all kinds of ways — including calling and pretending to be someone from your insurance company. If someone calls you claiming to be from Humana:
Verify the caller's identity. Don’t give out personal or financial information over the phone unless you initiate the contact or know the caller. Humana rarely calls members to request personal or financial information — especially for simple tasks like setting up appointments. When we do request this kind of information, we always confirm your birth date first.

If in doubt, call Humana. If the person gives you a callback number, we ask that you call Humana Customer Service at 1-866-255-7451 instead. If you have a speech or hearing impairment and use a TTY, call 711. We can verify whether the call is legitimate, and we'll follow up with authorities immediately if it isn't.
Report suspicious calls. If you think you've been a victim of identity theft, file a police report immediately. Scam artists act fast, so your tip could keep your losses to a minimum. Also review your credit report for problems.

On the computer
Providing your credit card number online isn't much different from giving it to a server at a restaurant — except you can't "see" who you're giving it to. So take a few steps to make sure your personal information doesn't get into the wrong hands:

Watch for "phishers." Con artists are experts at mimicking e-mails and Websites from reputable banks, shopping sites, and Internet service providers. This scam is called "phishing." If you get an e-mail asking you to confirm personal or financial information, don't click the link. You never know if the link goes to a legitimate site or a scammer.

Look for signs of security. If you do enter personal or financial information online, make sure the site is secured — meaning the information you enter isn't accessible to anyone other than you and the Website owner. Common indicators are an "s" after the "http" on a Website address – as in https://Error! Hyperlink reference not valid. — or the image of a lock on the address line. But even those indicators are no guarantee of security, so look for additional protection. For instance, the Humana Medicare Website shows the Verisign logo — which is kind of like a "Good Housekeeping seal" for Internet security.
Build a wall around your computer. Set up your e-mail filters and Internet browser to have the highest level of security. You may also want to invest in software that scans for viruses and "spyware" — programs that hide on your computer and allow others to see the information you enter.
In person Know who you’re sharing information with. Only give personal information to doctors or other providers who are approved by Medicare and to people in the community who work with Medicare, like your State Health Insurance Assistance Program or the Social Security Administration
Avoid the uninvited. Don't give your information to anyone who comes to your home (or calls you) uninvited selling Medicare-related products.

For more tips on how to protect yourself from Medicare fraud, visit Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
https://www.humana.com/medicare-support/information/assistance-and-protection/avoid-medicare-fraud

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 06:23:51 pm »
I just hung up with Humana. It is real. I told them to cease wasting money on this inane stuff and I would be dropping them as soon as I could. click

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:32:29 pm »
I can't stand Humana.  My husband had them the first year on Medicare, we dropped them and bought a secondary to Medicare the second year.. I have Medicare with Mutual of Omaha secondary and VERY happy with it.  BTW there is s provision in OCare stating all carriers can do personal home checks.. creeper me out because in the UK under socialized medicine they can go yo your home and even check your refrigerator...imagine here they would check for guns.

You know Gazoo I'd get this info to The Blaze and Daily Caller.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 06:33:11 pm by Rapunzel »
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 12:27:38 am »
creeper me out because in the UK under socialized medicine they can go yo your home and even check your refrigerator...imagine here they would check for guns.

Wait, what?

They most certainly can not - getting a home help visit is difficult enough, and forget about a house call by your doctor - those died a death back when I were a sprog. I can recall exactly 3 times in a 40 year marriage when we have had a home visit. We should have had 16 minimum - 4 kids, 4 visits for each. Our lovely neighbor across the road is supposed to be visited twice a week to be helped with injections, but sees her home help maybe once a month.

Social services, on the other hand, wouldn't stay away (Our second youngest daughter is adopted). They are a complete pain in the ass, but you can refuse them admission. Just expect them to show up with the police in tow within the hour.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 01:32:13 am »
Wait, what?

They most certainly can not - getting a home help visit is difficult enough, and forget about a house call by your doctor - those died a death back when I were a sprog. I can recall exactly 3 times in a 40 year marriage when we have had a home visit. We should have had 16 minimum - 4 kids, 4 visits for each. Our lovely neighbor across the road is supposed to be visited twice a week to be helped with injections, but sees her home help maybe once a month.

Social services, on the other hand, wouldn't stay away (Our second youngest daughter is adopted). They are a complete pain in the ass, but you can refuse them admission. Just expect them to show up with the police in tow within the hour.

Do they still do house calls like Doc Martin?
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 01:34:25 am »
Do they still do house calls like Doc Martin?

Our doctor will do house calls still. At dinner time, usually, it's a fair trade off and she's a family friend as well as our doctor.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:14 am »
I never answer the phone if it's someone I don't know.

I don't often answer the phone, even if it -IS- someone I know.

They can leave a message.

Maybe (I said, "maybe") I'll call them back.

As you might have already guessed, I don't enjoy talking to folks on the phone very much at all!