Author Topic: University of Michigan black student union: physical action of seven demands not met in one week  (Read 358 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A hypothetical question.

The students have made their demands and promised physical action.

Are we permitted to do likewise?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Slide Rule

Now just why weren't the ROTC present during the speechifying of Harry Belefonte, or the dullard that followed?

Just one thought.  Full Metal Jacket.

All the best,
Al

Disclosure:
I am 3% Neanderthal and 97% Conservative.

Edmund Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France

Richard Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics

Roger Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind

Karl Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery

Offline Carling

My niece is a freshman at U of Michigan.  Smart young lady, and when politics from her super-liberal grandma (my wife's mom) came up over the holidays, she retreated to her room, which is what I've learned to do with the same woman.

I can't help stupid, and hopefully my niece, who is from a rich family, is able to survive 3.5 more years of undergrad w/out becoming Ms. White Guilt.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline happyg

None of their demands had anything to do with MLK's dream. Those were fantasies they should pay for themselves if they are that important to them.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
If you hooked a generator up to Martin Luther King's corpse, you could light a city with the power as he turns in his grave over what has become of his dream.

It is exactly this kind of mentality that turned Detroit into the modern day shithole it has become.  If all these "students" have learned in college is new ways to put their hands out then they have learned nothing, and know even less what MLK stood for.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf