Author Topic: Shooting at University of Oklahoma  (Read 506 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Shooting at University of Oklahoma
« on: January 22, 2014, 06:01:46 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/shooting-university-oklahoma/story?id=21623743

Shooting at University of Oklahoma
Jan. 22, 2014
By COLLEEN CURRY
COLLEEN CURRY More From Colleen »
Colleen Curry
Reporter

A shooting has occurred at the University of Oklahoma.

The university told ABC News that shots were fired on campus near Gould Hall. Authorities are not aware of any reported injuries at this time.

Police are already on the scene of the shooting, the school said.

The univeristy Tweeted out a message at 12:30 p.m. warning students to shelter in police.

OU Sooners @UofOklahoma
Follow
Shooting on campus. Avoid Gould Hall. Seek immediate shelter in place.
11:30 AM - 22 Jan 2014
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: Shooting at University of Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 06:27:01 pm »
We live next to a closed elementary school. The district has consolidated into fewer campuses, so this one sits idle, in wait of a solution.

Anyway, the city police department sent us a letter, to notify they will use the school for "active shooter" training.

Separately, our niece in Flagstaff was assaulted by another girl, two years older than she. (16 vs. 14)

Two girls were taken into custody and charged with aggravated assault. Apparently it is over a guy issue, from months ago. The aggressor was about to stomp on the young girls head, when a boy protected her on the ground.

Something has gone off the tracks, for some youths. I think a combination of violent media programming, whereby they cannot differentiate real from unreal, lack of morality training, by parents.

One thing I hear often is that parents cannot perform their roles of punishment, lest the child turn them into teachers or the police where a spanking becomes an assault.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 07:49:53 pm »
Something has gone off the tracks, for some youths. I think a combination of violent media programming, whereby they cannot differentiate real from unreal, lack of morality training, by parents.
I agree. Where will children learn morality? Where have their parents learned morality, if not from religion (which increasingly is becoming non grata)?  As I've noted elsewhere on this forum, we have entire unchurched generations in this country, and how has that helped us? What 8-year-old (or 20-year-old, for that matter) knows the Golden Rule?

One thing I hear often is that parents cannot perform their roles of punishment, lest the child turn them into teachers or the police where a spanking becomes an assault.
This also is true. How can parents dare discipline their children when Big Gubmint, i.e., It Takes A Village,  is watching over their shoulders?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 12:17:08 am »
NORMAN, Okla. —University of Oklahoma President David Boren said during a news conference at 1 p.m. Wednesday that reports of shots fired on the campus were false.

Boren said the alleged sounds that began the incident may have been mistaken for gunfire. Gould Hall, an architectural classroom building, was searched completely by law enforcement after OU campus police were called to the building.

"A person heard what they thought were three shots and did the exact right thing by calling police," Boren said.

Boren later said a faculty member made the report that police initially responded to.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanews/norman/ou-campus-police-shot-possibly-fire-on-campus/-/11778384/24054710/-/cs8y16/-/index.html

The "faculty member" is probably some limp-wristed anti-gun prof who though they heard gunshots and hit the panic button.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton