Author Topic: Michelle Obama: Hanoi Jane's My Role Model  (Read 1163 times)

rangerrebew

Michelle Obama: Hanoi Jane's My Role Model
« on: January 22, 2014, 10:14:00 am »
Michelle Obama: Big Fan of 'Politically Savvy' Jane Fonda
NewsBusters ^  | January 20, 2014 | Tim Graham

Posted on ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2014‎ ‎1‎:‎51‎:‎23‎ ‎AM by Zakeet

In their latest interview with Michelle Obama, People magazine asked if there were role models the First Lady looked at to think "When I'm 70 or 80, I want to look and live like her?"

Mrs. Obama thought of actresses: Cicely Tyson, and then that "politically savvy, sharp woman" named Jane Fonda, age 76:

"I just went to see Cicely Tyson on Broadway. She is in her 80s [just turned 80 in December] and did a two-hour play with stamina and passion. I told her 'I want to be you when I grow up!'" And then she added: "There's Jane Fonda, a beautiful, engaged, politically savvy, sharp woman."

Last November, new U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Samantha Power sounded a similar note:

“Hi everybody,” Power said, according to a transcript. “You know life has changed when you’re hanging out with Jane Fonda backstage. There is no greater embodiment of being outspoken on behalf of what you believe in — and being 'all in' in every way — than Jane Fonda. And it’s a huge honor just to even briefly have shared the stage with her.”

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3113857/posts
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:14:44 am by rangerrebew »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 02:24:59 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Michelle-Fonda-role-model/2014/01/22/id/548315

Newsmax
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 07:49 AM

By: Melanie Batley

First Lady Michelle Obama says Jane Fonda is one of her role models, and that she admires her political savviness.

During an interview with People Magazine, Obama listed "Hanoi Jane," as one of the people she would like to look and live like when she's 70 or 80 years old.

"There’s Jane Fonda, a beautiful, engaged, politically savvy, sharp woman," Obama said.

The comment is likely to enrage Vietnam War veterans who still remember how Fonda, now 76, went to North Vietnam in 1972 and was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft battery. Fonda denounced U.S. military leaders as "war criminals" and later called tortured American POWs "hypocrites and liars," telling them to "get a life."

Obama also listed Cicely Tyson as another role model, during the interview to mark her 50th birthday.

"I just went to see Cicely Tyson on Broadway. She is in her 80s [just turned 80 in December] and did a two-hour play with stamina and passion. I told her ‘I want to be you when I grow up!'"

Obama's comments are already receiving criticism. Writing on Breitbart, David Webb said, "Michelle Obama often comes across to me as an angry black woman who had all the advantages such as going to Princeton University after coming from basically nothing. Yet instead of maximizing her advantages in life she seems to wear them like a burden and projects the burden onto others."

"Only a die-hard liberal thinks Jane Fonda is anything less than a traitorous scumbag," said a post at the conservative blog Weasel Zippers.

"Oh gee, a communist being a 'big fan' of another communist, who’d have thunk it?" said one reader at Newsbusters. Another said, "These are the type of people who now rate tribute in our great Republic? This story is sad on so many levels."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama: Hanoi Jane's My Role Model
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 02:55:15 pm »
Obama listed "Hanoi Jane," as one of the people she would like to look and live like when she's 70 or 80 years old.
Not sure how the Mooch plans to look like Hanoi Jane. Bleach and extensive dental work?

(Incidentally, probably could merge with http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,127204.0.html).
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:06:05 pm »
One thing I have to say about Hanoi Jane- at least the work she's had done is high quality.  She still looks like Jane Fonda, and not some permutation of her former self. 

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 03:46:02 pm »
  She still looks like Jane Fonda, and not some permutation of her former self.

I'll bet had she stayed in Viet Nam she wouldn't look as good as she does today.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:44 pm »
One thing I have to say about Hanoi Jane- at least the work she's had done is high quality.  She still looks like Jane Fonda, and not some permutation of her former self.

I have one thing to say about Hanoi Jane as well! She should be long ago DEAD , Dead, Dead! Having been hung for TREASON!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 03:54:08 pm »
Figures.

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:27:34 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Michelle-Fonda-role-model/2014/01/22/id/548315

Newsmax
Wednesday, January 22, 2014 07:49 AM

By: Melanie Batley

First Lady Michelle Obama says Jane Fonda is one of her role models, and that she admires her political savviness.

During an interview with People Magazine, Obama listed "Hanoi Jane," as one of the people she would like to look and live like when she's 70 or 80 years old.

"There’s Jane Fonda, a beautiful, engaged, politically savvy, sharp woman," Obama said.

The comment is likely to enrage Vietnam War veterans who still remember how Fonda, now 76, went to North Vietnam in 1972 and was photographed sitting on an anti-aircraft battery. Fonda denounced U.S. military leaders as "war criminals" and later called tortured American POWs "hypocrites and liars," telling them to "get a life."

Obama also listed Cicely Tyson as another role model, during the interview to mark her 50th birthday.

"I just went to see Cicely Tyson on Broadway. She is in her 80s [just turned 80 in December] and did a two-hour play with stamina and passion. I told her ‘I want to be you when I grow up!'"

Obama's comments are already receiving criticism. Writing on Breitbart, David Webb said, "Michelle Obama often comes across to me as an angry black woman who had all the advantages such as going to Princeton University after coming from basically nothing. Yet instead of maximizing her advantages in life she seems to wear them like a burden and projects the burden onto others."

"Only a die-hard liberal thinks Jane Fonda is anything less than a traitorous scumbag," said a post at the conservative blog Weasel Zippers.

"Oh gee, a communist being a 'big fan' of another communist, who’d have thunk it?" said one reader at Newsbusters. Another said, "These are the type of people who now rate tribute in our great Republic? This story is sad on so many levels."

Actually, the picture on the right should be one of Chewbacca.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee