Author Topic: Rand Paul, Paul Ryan top new poll, Christie slides  (Read 956 times)

Offline happyg

Rand Paul, Paul Ryan top new poll, Christie slides
« on: January 22, 2014, 05:41:14 am »
A Quinnipiac University poll released Tuesday showed Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) and Congressman Paul Ryan (R-WI) are tied among potential 2016 Republican presidential candidates. Paul and Ryan both received 13 percent. Just below them is New Jersey Governor Chris Christie at 12 percent, Jeb Bush at 11, Senator Ted Cruz at 9, Senator Marco Rubio at 8 and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker at 6 percent.

Quinnipiac noted that, “In the wake of ‘Bridgegate,’ the George Washington Bridge traffic scandal, several measures of New Jersey Gov. Christopher Christie’s 2016 presidential prospects are down.” In Tuesday’s poll, Christie paired against Hillary Clinton in a general election received 38 percent compared to Clinton’s 46 percent. In Quinnipiac’s December 11 survey, Christie received 42 percent and Secretary Clinton was at 41 percent.

Quinnipiac also included the following polling results for general election scenarios against Clinton: “49 – 39 percent over U.S. Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky; 50 – 35 percent over U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas; 49 – 38 percent over former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida.” -

See more at: http://rare.us/story/rand-paul-paul-ryan-top-new-poll-christie-slides/#sthash.5096ECGJ.dpuf
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 05:42:13 am by happyg »

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Rand Paul, Paul Ryan top new poll, Christie slides
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 05:43:37 am »
I could vote for Rand Paul (so far).....
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 05:46:25 am »

Me, too, though I'd like to see Ted Cruz get a big bounce. They would be the dream ticket.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 05:53:37 am »
Me, too, though I'd like to see Ted Cruz get a big bounce. They would be the dream ticket.

It all comes down to the debates. Mike Huckabee was at 2% until the debates and because he had a sense of humor people fell for his schtick and he rose in the polls.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 09:54:52 am »
I would vote for them all.  Any one of them is much preferable than the Kenyan.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:27:24 pm »
Ryan has said he will not run, Christie is toast.  Things are looking better for the Conservative wing of the GOP.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 06:55:37 pm »
Ryan has said he will not run, Christie is toast.  Things are looking better for the Conservative wing of the GOP.

I think this is our best opportunity since the 80s

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2014, 07:13:27 pm »
I could vote for Paul......if he was Cruz's vp selection

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2014, 07:21:16 pm »
It all comes down to the debates. Mike Huckabee was at 2% until the debates and because he had a sense of humor people fell for his schtick and he rose in the polls.

Cruz doesn't have to rely on shtick. His intellect and ability to articulate puts him well above all the others

Offline happyg

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2014, 07:29:58 pm »
Cruz doesn't have to rely on shtick. His intellect and ability to articulate puts him well above all the others

All Cruz has to do is be himself. So simple and easy for him to do.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »

I agree... I think we could have some interesting debates, but it seems Prebius has been doing things which will limit who can even run by making it more difficult to debate in 16...

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 08:10:35 pm »
I hope the debate process is more focused and streamlined than it has been.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 09:52:17 pm »
I hope the debate process is more focused and streamlined than it has been.

We will be on overload no matter what because it is a Democrat and Republican year.