Author Topic: Irony: Wendy Davis Lectures Greg Abbott About Struggling  (Read 576 times)

Offline happyg

Irony: Wendy Davis Lectures Greg Abbott About Struggling
« on: January 22, 2014, 12:50:35 am »
Katie Pavlich
In case you missed it yesterday, the personal story of late-term abortion heroine and Democratic Candidate for Texas Governor Wendy Davis has crumbled. Davis has repeatedly told the story of her struggle as a single mom who put herself through Harvard but it turns out, that story isn't true. An article published in The Dallas Morning News detailed the real situation of Davis' life. The details aren't pretty.
Davis was 21, not 19, when she was divorced. She lived only a few months in the family mobile home while separated from her husband before moving into an apartment with her daughter.

A single mother working two jobs, she met Jeff Davis, a lawyer 13 years older than her, married him and had a second daughter. He paid for her last two years at Texas Christian University and her time at Harvard Law School, and kept their two daughters while she was in Boston. When they divorced in 2005, he was granted parental custody, and the girls stayed with him. Wendy Davis was directed to pay child support.

Jeff Davis said that was right around the time the final payment on their Harvard Law School loan was due. “It was ironic,” he said. “I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left.”
Not surprisingly in an effort to take attention away from herself and her lies, Davis is now blaming her Republican opponent, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott, for "attacks" on her life and lectured last night on Twitter about the "struggles" Abbott just doesn't understand.
Wendy Davis        ✔  @WendyDavisTexas 
Follow
Two days ago, Abbott and his campaign sunk to a new low, making personal attacks on my family, my education, and my character.
Follow
Attacks won't work. Mine is the story of millions of Texas women who know the strength it takes when you're young, alone and a mother.
Follow
These attacks show that Greg Abbott's completely out of touch with the struggles that I faced and so many Texans face.
Follow
Like so many Texans, I'm proud of where I came from and proud of what I've been able to achieve through hard work and perseverance

Abbott has been in a wheel chair since he was 26-years-old after a tree fell on him while running and paralyzed him from the waist down.
SΞ4N VΞNKM4N  @MrFoPow 
Follow
That moment when @WendyDavisTexas starts lecturing a man in a wheelchair about the struggle.

Unlike Davis, Abbott has never asked for pity or to be treated differently.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/01/21/irony-wendy-davis-lectures-greg-abbott-about-struggling-n1782354?utm_source=thdailypm&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl_pm

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Irony: Wendy Davis Lectures Greg Abbott About Struggling
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 01:09:03 am »
hubris
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 06:43:45 am »
Jeff Davis said that was right around the time the final payment on their Harvard Law School loan was due. “It was ironic,” he said. “I made the last payment, and it was the next day she left.”

Headline at http://www.powerlineblog.com/ :
Wendy Davis — carrying the banner for millions of Texas women with sugar daddies
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 03:56:51 pm »