Author Topic: Rubio: 2016 decision will come in 2015  (Read 555 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rubio: 2016 decision will come in 2015
« on: January 21, 2014, 10:28:46 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/195988-rubio-decision-on-2016-will-come-this-time-next-year

January 21, 2014, 12:29 pm
Rubio: 2016 decision will come in 2015

By Mario Trujillo

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said Tuesday he would not decide whether to run for president until this time next year.

During an interview on his weeklong trip to Asia, Rubio said he would wait before deciding between running for reelection to his Senate seat or entering the 2016 presidential contest. He also did not rule out leaving public office entirely. 

“At this time next year, I will have to make a decision about something like that, and that time will come,” Rubio said on CNBC when asked whether he would run for reelection or for the White House.

Rubio, who won a seat in the Senate in 2010, would be up for reelection in 2016. The Florida senator said a number of factors would play into his decision, starting with his family’s consideration.

“My most important job is the job of father and husband, so that will be the first thing I think about,” he said. “The second is whether I feel like there is another office in which I can further this agenda that I’ve outlined, or whether there is work that remains to be done in the Senate, or whether my time has come to return to the private sector.”

He added: “All those are valid choices, and I will explore those at the appropriate time.”

Rubio again declined to weigh in on how Republican donors have reacted to the bridge scandal surrounding New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) — noting he has been out of the country and is not up to speed on domestic politics.

However, he reiterated the party is strong, and donors would likely focus most intensely on the Senate landscape in 2014. 

“The Republican Party is an energized party,” he said. “We feel like we’re going to have a real opportunity in 2014 to retake the Senate. I think that is where you are going to see the majority of Republican donors focused. And 2016 will be here soon enough. I am confident we are going to field a strong nominee.”

Rubio was on the program to talk about economic insecurity while wrapping up his trip to Japan. He is scheduled to visit the Philippines and South Korea next.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34